Front drive axle comes loose?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldTexan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am new to this as you know. I got AX10 Scorpion rock crawler RTC 4WD drive, took it down to the Desert and it was doing great, climbing and really showing off!! Then it won't climb a small log that it had done just a few minutes before. I picked it up and the front drive axle had come off the front differential.

Once I got it back home and found an allen wrench to fit the setscrew on the drive shaft, it worked fine, for a short time and again the shaft came loose.

How can I fix this ongoing issue? Put some glue on the threads of the locking screw?

Yep, some thread lock is a MUST on the axial drive shafts. Those set screws come out easily and dont like to tighten down much before stripping something. I personally always drop some super glue on the out drives as well then put the shafts on and loctite the grub screws.

thread lock should do the trick. If the problem persists you should consider creating a divot in the outdrive with a small diamond bit and a dremel. You can also use a small drill bit and a drill press or cordless drill as well.

I had the same issue until I created the dimple and the problem has never come back.

Well, I finally remember to get back to it today, I removed the shaft and after cleaning everything real good of the grease, Using a toothpick I put just a small drop of Super glue on the hex locking nut. Well see it that holds it in.

Back