First attempt! 2-tone IS300/IS200/Altezza

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Altezza

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
It took me a while to find the body I wanted. A miniature version of my own personal car. I couldn't find the IS300 body. I couldn't find the Japanese origin Altezza body. But I did find the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) IS200 body! Having never painted a body and skimmed through some tutorials online, here's what I came up with!

Here's a picture of my 1/1th scale toy! :D
IMAG0145.jpg

I have plans to paint my real car and drew a sketch of what it might look like a couple of months ago.
IMAG0311.jpg

Prepping. Don't forget soap 'n' water!
IMAG0296.jpg

I was scared of not putting enough liquid mask down and didn't want it to have problems coming off. Think I used too much... :hehe:
IMAG0298.jpg

Here's the car with the mask peeled off for the first coat of paint!
IMAG0299.jpg

First coat of paint! I almost didn't want to peel off the rest of the mask, because the cloud effect was friggin awesome status! Has anyone tried this and just left LM on a finished body? Or are you guys not dumb enough to pour the whole bottle into a body? Gaha!
IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

Annndd... Hit it with some silver!
IMAG0305.jpg

Hack 'n' Slash.. and add stickers!
IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

Here's a shot of the sketch with the finished body. What do you think?
(And yes, I know I have to cut the breather holes for the windows and exhaust.)
IMAG0314.jpg

Nice lid for sure, too bad you dont drive the Toyota Altezza, thtat car is total badassness! Nicely done

The IS300 is the USDM Altezza. Different bumpers, sold as a Lexus, and steering wheel is on the opposite side of the car. Still has the 3.0L Inline 6 2JZ-GE from the MK-IV Toyota Supra. In the first pic, you can see the bigass front mount intercooler. Currently running 9psi and 330rwhp. Rebuilding a spare block for it capable of 600+ RWHP at 30psi. My buddy's IS300 is in the background of that same pic. =)

nice s13 haha and nice paint job BTW !

The S13 is almost done! Can't wait! KA24DE-T Fully forged bottom end, too. Sick nasty status. =)

IMAG0069.jpg

Awesome, did you get the CX racing kit ? Thats what i got for my single cam, dumped a ton of money into it but now it just sits for now in my drive way all cold and wanting to be driven.
Picture258.jpg

I also have a built bottom end but i need a tune bad so i can't even mess with it right now.. wack for mee -__-

I've always been in love with the is300's, such a nice rig and yet still affordable. Nice job on the lid too.

Haha, yeah. For those of us who can't afford Supras, there's the IS300. And in case I accidentally knock somebody up, it's got four doors! It's a win-win!

And yes, I got the CXR turbo kit used for CHEAP. Mainly, I just wanted pre-bent piping, wastegate, bov, and a manifold. Not bad for the price.

Ha yeah your IS has the same engine huh. My love of my life would be this
Picture253.jpg
N-A unfortunately i wish i could afford GTE.

Yeah cx racing is a great place. i dont live to far from their shop so when ever i need parts i just go there and everything is available right then. I just wish i could afford a good tune. i just have eprom and safc II on my set up but i know most people think the SAFC II is useless.

Awesome job on the body I'm a huge IS fan. I have a boosted IS300 and would love to have an IS shell on my nitro rc haha

Back