Austar AX8560

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyray

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
This is one I've wanted to share for a while. Another budget crawler with some very unique features. All metal gears and full ball bearings. Awesome modulation, electronically controlled 3 speeds and no whine from the ESC! Some have called it a trx4m clone. For good reason but, not quite. Many parts are exchangeable but, the axles are wider. Steering linkages won't work. That kind of thing. I've been experimenting.

https://www.banggood.com/AUSTAR-AX8...6201209IA&custlinkid=3568007&cur_warehouse=CN

First, it's a hard body. Going to be top heavy. Just like my Defender. This is the exact body that Injora sells as a replacement for the trx4m. Did a full on Tarantula build with my trx4m. Bought this thinking I could throw my Defender body on it. I can and could, but I'd have to remove the inner fenders. Not sure I want to do that. Nice addition.

But, I still wanted a trail rig. This was the perfect candidate. The tires are actually really good. It crawls very well straight out of the box. Just didn't like the chrome rims. Used some Traxxas satin bead locks and brass wheel weights (in the front tires) I already had. And the stock trx4m oil filled shocks. Huge improvement. Have some satin diff covers I'll add later. Yes, they fit.

20240318_174550.jpg

Then I added the roof rack. Removed the spare tire and added a Jerry can and flag to the back. And a high clearance hitch to tow the trailer. Austar sells one. Injora now carries the same on. But, I already bought the Traxxas trailer. All will work.

20240318_174716.jpg

Also thought the front bumper from the Defender looked better. Easy switch. The rear one has lights in it. Left it alone.

20240318_174643.jpg

It already comes with plastic high clearance links. Almost certain that the trx4m ones will fit. They measure the same. Have another idea for the trx4m tarantula build. If it works out, those links will go in this one. I'll let you know.

20240318_174743.jpg

Here's the finished product. Subject to change. Lol.

20240318_174842.jpg

Sweet! You have to quit showing me stuff like this.. :p

This is one I've wanted to share for a while. Another budget crawler with some very unique features. All metal gears and full ball bearings. Awesome modulation, electronically controlled 3 speeds and no whine from the ESC! Some have called it a trx4m clone. For good reason but, not quite. Many parts are exchangeable but, the axles are wider. Steering linkages won't work. That kind of thing. I've been experimenting.

https://www.banggood.com/AUSTAR-AX8...6201209IA&custlinkid=3568007&cur_warehouse=CN

First, it's a hard body. Going to be top heavy. Just like my Defender. This is the exact body that Injora sells as a replacement for the trx4m. Did a full on Tarantula build with my trx4m. Bought this thinking I could throw my Defender body on it. I can and could, but I'd have to remove the inner fenders. Not sure I want to do that. Nice addition.

But, I still wanted a trail rig. This was the perfect candidate. The tires are actually really good. It crawls very well straight out of the box. Just didn't like the chrome rims. Used some Traxxas satin bead locks and brass wheel weights (in the front tires) I already had. And the stock trx4m oil filled shocks. Huge improvement. Have some satin diff covers I'll add later. Yes, they fit.

View attachment 185428

Then I added the roof rack. Removed the spare tire and added a Jerry can and flag to the back. And a high clearance hitch to tow the trailer. Austar sells one. Injora now carries the same on. But, I already bought the Traxxas trailer. All will work.

View attachment 185429

Also thought the front bumper from the Defender looked better. Easy switch. The rear one has lights in it. Left it alone.

View attachment 185430

It already comes with plastic high clearance links. Almost certain that the trx4m ones will fit. They measure the same. Have another idea for the trx4m tarantula build. If it works out, those links will go in this one. I'll let you know.

View attachment 185432

Here's the finished product. Subject to change. Lol.

View attachment 185433

Back