Just a little change to the Sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJC_GUY

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I've been toying with body ideas pretty much since I bought the Sport and funny enough I kept coming back to the one closest to the stock body.

I will probably do a hardbody build at some point. My wife told me I can do whatever I want to the Gen 8 as long as it can be ready for her to drive with short notice so I may try to find a proper 324mm for it.

First body I've painted in decades so we will see. Just did my last coat of white and am waiting to peel it.

Best part is it works with the bumpers I designed so I can just enjoy running it.

PXL_20230103_024551159.jpg
PXL_20230103_031830719.jpg
PXL_20230103_031853732.jpg
PXL_20230103_031956896.jpg
PXL_20230103_032016033.jpg

Not intentionally.

Hadn't peeled the plastic yet in that picture so it's all dusty.

Paint turned out ok, it's got some funny spots. I should have gone with a more basic color for my first one in 20+ years. Little mire transparency than expected on the blue so the white shows through a little stronger in places. I rushed it admittedly.

Needed to get that shot so I could move on to some other projects, like designing an interior since I went all in and left the windows clear. Although I think I figured out a pretty easy way to do the rear interior, just need to do some measurements once I get the mounts on the chassis and the body trimmed for the front bumper.

Had planned on getting some work done last night but ended up with a headache that was headed towards being a migraine so I went to bed.

Body is just a little high in the front because I haven't done the fitment trim for the front bumper yet but that should be about right for the rear height.

Stupid thing I found this morning was that the stl I downloaded for the rear body mount has bad post spacing. Instead of trying to find another one I just modded the file I had to the correct width so hopefully all is good now.
PXL_20230104_030712005.jpg
PXL_20230104_050222844.jpg

Lookin' good! Such a big difference with the body swap.

Thank you, I think I may actually do the vinyl on the fender flares this time. Going to try to get the lights installed and a least a cover for the inside rigged up tonight. I think I'm going to put a piece of the fabric you put down in the yard to keep weeds from growing through inside for now just to cover everything. Or I guess I could put the fake window stickers on for now. They are kind of a pain to remove though.

I scanned the decal sheets so I can cut more things like the vinyl for the flares on the Cricut.

Always use a silver metallic backing for a primary metallic color.

Always use a silver metallic backing for a primary metallic color.

Noted, thank you. The last body I painted was for my RC10T back in the 90's so I probably should have gone with a more solid color on my first one.

I also put myself on a time crunch so I ended up rushing it a little bit.

It's got some issues but it is going to be the main body for now so it will be pretty scuffed before long. Overall I'm happy with it. Might draw up some vinyl graphics for it to cut on the Cricut.

Been exhausted after work this week. Don't know if I'm getting sick or it's just stress but progress has been slow. Did get the rear mount printed and need to fit it. Got the front lights mounted last night and a little bit of design work for the rear interior.

PXL_20230105_053840588.jpg

Noted, thank you. The last body I painted was for my RC10T back in the 90's so I probably should have gone with a more solid color on my first one.

I also put myself on a time crunch so I ended up rushing it a little bit.

It's got some issues but it is going to be the main body for now so it will be pretty scuffed before long. Overall I'm happy with it. Might draw up some vinyl graphics for it to cut on the Cricut.
You can't still do the silver backing. Just need to tape off the areas