Figured Out Where to Store My Rigs!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbristv

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I
20230810_094701.jpg
20230810_094726.jpg
20230810_094735.jpg
was kicking around ideas of where/how I could store my rc cars. The wall in my bedroom? No. In a closet? No. A room in the basement? Too far.

I wanted them to be nearby where I could see them which will help me interact (remember to play 😄)
with them.

I used to keep them next to where I sit in my living room at arms distance, like where I used to keep my bottle of scotch.

But that was short term, if I left them there my lifespan would also be short term (wife 😉).

So I decided to take back my work area that became a plant nursery since I don't work at a desk anymore. Nope.

I had to compromise so I picked up a steel shelf similar to the ones I use in my shop and put it under my desk and viola Davis!

I like it and the cars are a bit more out of field goal range from the Mrs. 😁

I have that one little area for some tools, etc. To be fair I have a ton of sq footage in the basement but I'm just lazy. It's 5 stories down 😁

Wife is from the City. We never get lost when we visit. She drives, I will not drive in the city. Mostly use the subway anyhow. Kinda busy for me. But it's always a good time. Where do you run your rigs? Just wondering.Thanks, Mike.

Wife is from the City. We never get lost when we visit. She drives, I will not drive in the city. Mostly use the subway anyhow. Kinda busy for me. But it's always a good time. Where do you run your rigs? Just wondering.Thanks, Mike.
I mostly run in the streets or at whatever park depending on what running that day. Also there is a free track in the Bronx that can be fun.

I View attachment 169853View attachment 169854View attachment 169855was kicking around ideas of where/how I could store my rc cars. The wall in my bedroom? No. In a closet? No. A room in the basement? Too far.

I wanted them to be nearby where I could see them which will help me interact (remember to play 😄)
with them.

I used to keep them next to where I sit in my living room at arms distance, like where I used to keep my bottle of scotch.

But that was short term, if I left them there my lifespan would also be short term (wife 😉).

So I decided to take back my work area that became a plant nursery since I don't work at a desk anymore. Nope.

I had to compromise so I picked up a steel shelf similar to the ones I use in my shop and put it under my desk and viola Davis!

I like it and the cars are a bit more out of field goal range from the Mrs. 😁
Nice spot to store the rigs bud. One suggestion you really should store the RC up off their tires. They can get flat spots in them. Then they won't run smoothly they will bounce.

I use coffee cans for my 1/10-1/8 and step stools for my Xmaxx and Kra8. You can use anything really. Or just take the tires off when done running them. Either way you definitely don't want those tired sitting on ground. Want then up off the surface...

I mostly run in the streets or at whatever park depending on what running that day. Also there is a free track in the Bronx that can be fun
Nice spot to store the rigs bud. One suggestion you really should store the RC up off their tires. They can get flat spots in them. Then they won't run smoothly they will bounce.

I use coffee cans for my 1/10-1/8 and step stools for my Xmaxx and Kra8. You can use anything really. Or just take the tires off when done running them. Either way you definitely don't want those tired sitting on ground. Want then up off the surface...
Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely do that once they're out of rotation (for the ones where the Tires might go flat) 😁

Back