Lipo bags / Safe-Bat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe a fire safe would work. instead of letting fire in I imagine it wouldnt let fire out...

Yeah thats not a bad idea

Yeah thats not a bad idea. Maybe i should store them in the terrace?
But how about when its rainy and very cold outside, maybe even very hot?
Isnt that a problem. My Terrace is complety surrounded by windows, so it can get very hot or cold in there maybe even pretty humid when raining.
That would be bad right?
You really dont want to store them in the heat or extreme cold. Personally what I would suggest is storing the lipos in ammo cans. ammo cans are pretty inexpensive online (or at least they used to be pre-covid). Make sure you drill a 1/2-ish inch hole in the top of the can for venting in case one did go up. To store the ammo cans indoors where its climate controlled get some large pavers and cement or epoxy them in to a square or rectangle without a top. Then optionally you could just lay pavers on top to create a lid but I personally dont think the lid is necessary but you want the bottom and the walls to help contain the heat in the event that one did go up. ammo cans, pavers, and cement/adhesive are all pretty inexpensive

Last edited:
Tntpoof used a lunchbox right? Just get a metal cabinet, and inside put a bunch of ammo boxes or any metal boxes to store a few lipos together. That would probably be fine.
YES!!! With a hissing snake...🤣🤣 Mine are in lipo bag in a metal ammo boxes from harbor freight.. 18$ or on sale for 10-15$.. any metal box , cabinet.. 6 4s) 5500-7000mah 60c and above.. I mean you could get rubber maid container and line it with fireproofing... as long as you take care of them your fine. They don't just spontaneous erupt. With out some sort of drop over charge.. miss use.. or the power cords touching and shorting them out.. which you could just wrap in a towel or cloth so the metal ends don't touch...you can store up to 80°. I don't go lower then 40° -50°.. there is really alot of ways to store them bud... ALOT👍👍👍👍 what ever will let you feel safe is the way you should do store them bud 👍👍👍

Thank you everyone for all your inputs. From what I've found out after contacting seller of those Bat-safes. I can actually store quite a bit in them, more than i expected atleast. 3 of those is plenty and i even get discount so i probably will go with that. Since its the one looking the best and it even have filters (not expecting it to do alot but still should help abit) Just in case i will probably use lipo bags i allready own on the bigger batteries inside the bat-safes. I will get an extinguisher and i little metal rack for it. Depending on the situation i might get some metal wall plate or something if i have to store it close to a wall. Thanks again for all the input. Though the thread is still open if anyone has any other ideas i didnt allready get. Like i said since its a room i want it to look good :)

Back