I'm Back in......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well guys.... after a long long time away, I am back in RC. I used to be a racer (well at least I tried to race :) ) and had at least 15 different rigs at one time or another. My local track\LHS closed and so I had to find somewhere else to race. There wasn't a track within 50 miles so I built a track in the back yard. Long story short, I spent more time spraying round up and fighting the weeds or washout that I just abandoned the track and ended up taking it out. I sold off everything and ended up keeping my charger and radio equipment. So after a few years I have been drawn back in. Although I am just a basher now, no racing. What got me back in was really the tech surrounding the Spektrum Smart Battery technology. Lipo batteries that will auto store charge... I'm in! That was the biggest issue I had with Lipo..... the tech was still new when I got out, everything was expensive, and the batteries were more dangerous than they are now. Lipo tech was still developing and I could never remember if I store charged my packs... or whether or not I had my lipo cutoff set right on the esc, or if my packs were balanced. I was the dumb part of the equation... but now the packs are smart, and can take over where I will forget. I also saw the SBR 2.0 and fell in love. I never could afford the large scale stuff at the time, and most of the large scale trucks at the time were all gassers. I love the convenience and ease of use that electric offers. I am still busy and don't have a ton of time, but I was able to get a truck and a charging system all at once and I can go bash with ease now. I can't believe how fast the SBR is... the scale looks, and the size is incredible! AVC is all new to me as well so I have to learn more about how all that works. I don't race, so AVC is fine. I also pre-ordered the new LMT from Losi...... at least some things haven't changed.... I still go off the deep end sometimes! :)

Well, I look forward to learning all the new names and faces! I also want to let Rolex know that I am definitely getting this one dirty... I have a nice big farm to bash at, so lots of room to stretch the legs of this big truck.

Tom

IMG_3622.jpg

Last edited:
don't store charged lipos.. discharge to a storage voltage per cell. 3.75 is what I use.. some do do 3.80 volts...

Last edited:
Good to see you Tom! I’m just getting back into the hobby myself. I don’t have room for the large scale so I picked up a Slash but I’m already looking at buying an MT. Unfortunately it looks like the ole site is not what it used to be, not much traffic anymore.

Glad to see you back. Geaux Dale! lol

Good to see you Tom! I’m just getting back into the hobby myself. I don’t have room for the large scale so I picked up a Slash but I’m already looking at buying an MT. Unfortunately it looks like the ole site is not what it used to be, not much traffic anymore.
Hey Pete!!

I had a slash once... the 2wd that I regret getting rid of. I enjoyed that truck and should have held on to it. Tough as nails and a bunch of fun!!

Welcome back Tom, long time no speak. You have my number, give me a call sometime.
Thanks Joe!
I will do that! Hope all is well with you my friend!

You again? Thought we changed the locks last time.

Congrats on the new rig. Looks good.

You again? Thought we changed the locks last time.

Congrats on the new rig. Looks good.
Rolex slipped me the new key code. He made me promise I would not get my truck too dirty this time. ?

Somebody left the door open again I see.

Welcome back.

Somebody left the door open again I see.

Welcome back.
Thanks Rob!
I have wanted to get into large scale ever since you got your Baja!