FastEddys Chris-Craft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Eddy? Did you ever finish this? Any current pics of the project?

I'm being lazy on this project.
I haven't been inspired to start it back up. I keep looking at it and is hasn't called out to me yet. Its a big project that demands a lot of attention, time, and space. A chubby just doesn't cut it for this one I need to get full on wood first.
Maybe if I pull it out and stroke its long thick hull it will get me in the mood.

Go to the babe thread if u need help. :llama:

Originally posted by FastEddy
I'm being lazy on this project.
I haven't been inspired to start it back up. I keep looking at it and is hasn't called out to me yet. Its a big project that demands a lot of attention, time, and space. A chubby just doesn't cut it for this one I need to get full on wood first.
Maybe if I pull it out and stroke its long thick hull it will get me in the mood.

OMG LMFAO!!! Only at rcnitrotalk.com you will be able to talk like this!! I love this place. I'm hooked :LoL:

I like the Xacto damage. I can show some of mine but all my xacto damages come from broken blades and it ticks me off that I can break 4 blades putting together a buggy. I do like the boat, is she done?

Eddy, where did you get this boat, and for how much. What kind of engine are you planning to put in it. I've wanted a R\C boat for a while. I dont care much for the racing type, I like the Chris Crafts, & Fishing boat kind.

My wife got it for me from our LHS. They are around 225.00 and another 500.00 in supplies and tools.
Its not for the light hearted. You will need a dedicated place to build one as well as SEVERAL HUNDRED HOURS. It takes an electric motor that will put it on plane at around 12-15 mph.

I need to get back on it again its about time. I'm almost 1/2 done.

I think everyone here is more excited about seeing the finished product than you are lol. But when you do get done, you'll be the only one with the real pride in the work. Pretty boat man, and like everyone else, I can't wait to see it when her when she's ready to set sail on her maiden voyage.

Soon,
It takes a lot of time that I just don't have right now.
I'm hoping to get it done in time for my cremation. Dump my ashes in the engine compartment and set it to sea. I beats a pine box.

lol probably ome of the best ways to go

Hey Eddy - u lazy bastard! Its been almost 6 weeks since u posted here - lets see some more pics of the progress!

Eddy,

What mill will be turning your screw? Also is it shaft or flex cable through a torque tube?

Looks like a good build! wish I had the patience to glue everything together like that.

Awww man I just ran across this thread again, I need to get moving on this thing again.

Come on guys help get me motivated.

eddy.gif

Just as long as you dont post pics of my ass Ill be ok!

Well I'm impressed with the progress as it stands. I would have never gotten that far. I would have stomped on the pile of wood then burned the friggin thing. I love those old speed boats. When you finish we want video also ok?

sLY

This was one of the first threads I saw when I can here and I was VERY impressed with all the work you put into the kit. I'd love to see it finally finished. I'll give you a candy bar if you get in my van.

Nice boat. I want to see some pics of it in action. GET WITH THE PROGRAM. Finish it. Dont you wanna see your pride a joy all put together impressing people.??????? When you get finished with it I will buy u a thirty pack. :wasted:

All the offers of free booze seems to be working.
I dug it out of the box and set it on my workbench. If I can keep from putting a bunch of poop on top of it I may be off to a good start.

Back