Extreme Newbie question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took pics of my old personalized plates from my pickup. Sent them to my brother he was able to reduce them down to the specified sizes I asked him to and just printed them off on standard printer paper. The 1/10 scale size I took a piece of Z-metal tin from a job I'm working on and marked the 13/16" x 1 3/4" size onto the metal and used a utility knife and scored the lines on the metal deep enough to snap off the scrap. Cut out the plate from the paper and sprayed both the plate and the metal piece with 3M77 adhesive spray. Let them dry then lined up the paper plate to the metal piece and stuck it to the metal. I sprayed the paper side with 3 coats of satin lacquer spray. I have several bolts and nuts left over from the plates I put on the front fenders of the Defender so will drill the mounting holes through the metal and bolt the plate on.

The smaller plate I just put clear tape on both sides of the paper and cut it out then glued it to the bumpers of the C10, I'll see how long they stay on. May have to figure something else out if they don't stay on. Looking forward to getting the plate mounted on the Defender. It's not as nice as the ones that Xraycer has on his crawlers but I'm a cheapskate.😁

Took pics of my old personalized plates from my pickup. Sent them to my brother he was able to reduce them down to the specified sizes I asked him to and just printed them off on standard printer paper. The 1/10 scale size I took a piece of Z-metal tin from a job I'm working on and marked the 13/16" x 1 3/4" size onto the metal and used a utility knife and scored the lines on the metal deep enough to snap off the scrap. Cut out the plate from the paper and sprayed both the plate and the metal piece with 3M77 adhesive spray. Let them dry then lined up the paper plate to the metal piece and stuck it to the metal. I sprayed the paper side with 3 coats of satin lacquer spray. I have several bolts and nuts left over from the plates I put on the front fenders of the Defender so will drill the mounting holes through the metal and bolt the plate on.

The smaller plate I just put clear tape on both sides of the paper and cut it out then glued it to the bumpers of the C10, I'll see how long they stay on. May have to figure something else out if they don't stay on. Looking forward to getting the plate mounted on the Defender. It's not as nice as the ones that Xraycer has on his crawlers but I'm a cheapskate.😁
I think they look pretty real. Nice job.

I printed mine at work, I'm lucky, we have some nice equipment, and sometimes I can sneak a few prints in on the unused area of a job. I actually printed mine on reflective material like our real state plates.

That's cool, post a pic or two
Here it is on my Sendero HD
PSX_20210911_110607.jpg

Also have one on my work computer
liscense plate.png

You might want to call Orkin about your Face Hugger infestation.

GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!!

🤣

I've got like five of them, Mrs. Doom! hates them. I wanted to get a life size one but she wasn't having it. 🤣

That's an awesome plate!
I just had my brother print me a permanent sticker to go over the plate tags. Couldn't stand having the expired tags on the plate. Since I have permanent plates on my truck I might as well putt them on the Defender.😁

Ok. Got the linkages on the C10 am waiting for a new steering servo to come in. Also looking for advice as to what motor to upgrade to. Want something with good torque and good throttle control. Tires are awesome, that is melamine shelving material at a 45° angle, crawled right up it, going down no sliding stopped wherever I wanted, pretty impressive traction and softness of rubber compound.

20230226_221350.jpg

20230226_221358.jpg

20230226_222534.jpg

20230226_223341.jpg

20230226_201037.jpg

20230226_201134.jpg

Put in a different servo made a huge difference. Actually works with the new wheels and tires.

20230227_221605.jpg

20230227_224504.jpg

Back