Engine won't stay running after I remove the igniter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to say, it could also be a gap in the head from either the shims being messed up of the head loose...but you'd probably see it smoke if it did.
ya I've never heard of that happenening but sometimes strange things happen and its good to check everything

problem solved before i got here but i would have just got a new truck and kept the $5 glow plug ;)

hmm try adjusting your idle screw

I took it out and put it in the igniter and it glows good.
you can't look at a plug and tell if its good or bad, and fouled does not mean burnt out. you need a new plug, theres no way around it.

normaly when a plug glows with the igniter it is good...I've never heard of an engine that shuts straight off when the igniter is pulled

hey everybody got a quick ? for you. My engine wont stay running after I take the igniter off the glow plug. runs great with it on but dies after I take it off even at half throtle. any idea why. any and all help is welcomed. thanks.
Hey I got an issue with my Hobao hyper ss and I never got the chance to break it in yet but it will start but jus won’t stay running can anyone help with this issue

Hey I got an issue with my Hobao hyper ss and I never got the chance to break it in yet but it will start but jus won’t stay running can anyone help with this issue
Reset your LSN and HSN back to factory defaults and try again.

I haven’t even ran a half a tank thru it yet. It will start up run for few seconds then shut off. I even put a new glow plug in it and still does the same thing

I haven’t even ran a half a tank thru it yet. It will start up run for few seconds then shut off. I even put a new glow plug in it and still does the same thing

That is what I thought ,you can't expect the engine to run on its own with those rich settings ,it will
choke itself out ,you may need to open the idle gap up some to allow more air in to the engine ,an
you should blip the throttle a few times to clear some of the excess fuel out as you run your break-in!..:thumbs-up:

Back