Electric for around $300? What should i get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupofjoe5

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
So as I'm still working on getting my nitro in good working condition, and i will! I think I'm going to buy an electric. Recommendations? I like the vkarracing bison, jlb cheetah is nice as well. I've seen them priced at like 400 on amazon. But seen the bison for like 235 and 299 at another site. Much diff. In a 60a and 80a? Any other good rigs around the 300 range? As long as its less than 400 altogether.

This is the truck that I would recommend as I have one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFSYV**&P=ML

You can get it and a good LiPo and charger for around the price you wanted. ($400) The ones that you listed, I've never heard of and would be hesitant to recommend. Here's a pic or two of my little beast (It hasn't been stock for a while):

20130820_191715_zps50d17c78.jpg

20130820_191826_zpsd30d982f.jpg

This is the truck that I would recommend as I have one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFSYV**&P=ML

You can get it and a good LiPo and charger for around the price you wanted. ($400) The ones that you listed, I've never heard of and would be hesitant to recommend. Here's a pic or two of my little beast (It hasn't been stock for a while):

20130820_191715_zps50d17c78.jpg

20130820_191826_zpsd30d982f.jpg

I llike it, yours def. Looks better. They have that as a 1/10 scale as well?

Yes, but it is quit a bit more expensive... It's in the $600 range for the eRevo Brushless. One of our long time members, @olds97_lss, got one for Christmas and loves it, though. He has thread on it as well. The1/16 mERV is plenty for performance and is hoot to drive.

Yes, but it is quit a bit more expensive... It's in the $600 range for the eRevo Brushless. One of our long time members, @olds97_lss, got one for Christmas and loves it, though. He has thread on it as well. The1/16 mERV is plenty for performance and is hoot to drive.
Ouch, yeah 600 is too much right now. I wanna stick to 1/10. :/

Awesome, thanks buddy. I like that one a lot. Yeah itd be nicento find one with easy to find parts/upgrades. Definitely want to fix it up. Thinking about whatever i get, switching the alumium chasis from my nitro to it if its a plastic chasis. That one looks plastic, not sure.

I picked up a Traxxas Rustler for my wife a while back. About $200 It's a decent 1/10 scale truck. Lots of parts and hop ups available. She ran it once and put it on the shelf. I might have to claim it . LOL

I picked up a Traxxas Rustler for my wife a while back. About $200 It's a decent 1/10 scale truck. Lots of parts and hop ups available. She ran it once and put it on the shelf. I might have to claim it .
LOL
Damn, lol yeah id say it's fair game at this point. I've seen the rustler's. Gon do somenmore looking around tonight. Might lay down the order today!

You get what you pay for, like most things in life. I personally would stay away from off brands.
Well honestly i dont know what the off brands are in the rc world. Lol i assume traxxas, hpi, and losi are the common brands?

Well honestly i dont know what the off brands are in the rc world. Lol i assume traxxas, hpi, and losi are the common brands?
Traxxas, Losi, ECX, Arrma, Associated, Axial, and HPI are the more common quality brands.

I'd look at rollers or some clean looking used rigs on Ebay, you can find some decent priced ones. The Slash and Stampede 4x4 are some really good bashers with just a few upgrades. The 2wd ones are good bashers also, you just won't have the same performance especially if you throw an overpowered system in them.

Traxxas, Losi, ECX, Arrma, Associated, Axial, and HPI are the more common quality brands.

I'd look at rollers or some clean looking used rigs on Ebay, you can find some decent priced ones. The Slash and Stampede 4x4 are some really good bashers with just a few upgrades. The 2wd ones are good bashers also, you just won't have the same performance especially if you throw an overpowered system in them.
Yeah i want the power tho lol. Probably use a lot on dirt, but grass as well and pavement. What kind of speed do you get out of those? Over 40mph?

i know where there is a fux XS for sale
lots of spare parts
plus 2 batteries
for sale

Back