E- Revo XVL tires? keep shredding them, Gears?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eMonlger2.0

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Q: What tires/ wheels will fit on the e revo axles... more importantly the RPM wide hubs as seen in this picture.
I have some street tires but they will not fit these hubs.

I have been using traxxas tires premounted. TRA8672 BUT i have been trashing them FAST doing flips and stunts. The sidewalls seems to be the glass jaw so to say.
I have seen in others videos different tires on tier revo's (wider) and also they have been able to do 2 wheeling but when i do 2 wheeling the diffs let the wheels spin like crazy and it does not move much. I just rebuilt all 3 diffs properly.

This is the 3rd wheel i have replaced in a very short time. I love the explosiveness of the 16/50 gears that are in this, maybe i should gear down a bit, I do get it up to or near to full speed where i live so i don't really want to do that.

20230702_185603[1].jpg

Do they tear or just get unglued? If it's the latter, it's normal to have to reglue every now and then.

For new tires, I like Arrma Backflips (regular or LP). Too large and massive and they'll break stuff. Too small and light you lose air control.

Not sure about wheelying, never liked that. I like my trucks to just go 😁

I second the arrma backflips. Great factory tire and cheap on jennysrc.com. Not sure if they will fit those hubs though.

The hubs look strange to me. What hex size is that?

The tires you have on it currently do baloon horribly. I had them on a used sledge I bought and it was uncontrollable at speed.

Ah, I just saw the weird hubs. What's up with that?

Made for traxxas wheels maybe?

They are rpm hubs. They just hold the wheel better. They fit into the traxxas wheels. Same hex.
Sidewall rips apart
Not wheely side standing on 2 side wheels.

I think your problem has to do with your diff fluid being too thin allowing slip to easily. What weight diff fluid are you running?

I think your problem has to do with your diff fluid being too thin allowing slip to easily. You mentioned you went through the diffs. What weight fluid did you use?
Like I said I rebuilt them proper. Took it apart. New gaskets and seals, everything got a ultrasonic bath then assembled with new bearings and seals etc... 20mill in the middle and 50k in the front and back. Traxxas fluid too.
I was shredding tires before I did the diffs, that's why I did them.
20230702_162131.jpg

I'd go much thicker than 20k. I mainly bash so I'm more of an ear plug sorta guy but 20k sounds way to thin for anything but a carpet track

I'd go much thicker than 20k. I mainly bash so I'm more of an ear plug sorta guy but 20k sounds way to thin for anything but a carpet track
i said 20mill, not 20k
I'm trying to get some help here, very frustrating when people reply when they do not know or do not understand.

Cool, then I'm stop responding. Good luck.
whatever, i just want some help, if you can't read or assume things i can't help that!
you question me when i said i rebuilt them properly, then assume i used the wrong stuff when i said i used the right stuff? get mad at yourself bro, i didnt say what you said i did

20k, 20 mil, whatever. If your diffing out, then your fluid is too thin or there isn't enough in there. It's kinda dumb to get mad at people who are trying to help you.

it’s packed full, it’s not too thin, I was thinking its the gearing, the main issue is the tires, not the diffs. They are working correctly as they should be. I have been around enough to know that it’s not that and it did have more issues before I rebuilt them.

The issue is that the tires are shredding the sidewalls on new and old tires. I just trashed a NEW set from hobby town on the 2nd run doing back flips. Also I do not use the auto flip on this. When I go full send I have also ripped both a rear and a front tire at the same time going on asphalt strait. Where I live I have a LONG distance I can get it up to full speed. On 16/50 gear with dual 3's 50c batteries I’m going like 65mph plus right? The tires are DOHNUTS ... all 4 of them. I have to stop because 2 tires shredded the sidewalls, the one in the back was old, and the one in the front was NEW. I swapped out for new, then started doing back flips and BAM, a new tire shreds again.

It’s not a diff issue at all. NOTHING to do with that. The diff issue is more so to do with trying to do side tricks on 2 wheels as they "diff out" as but that more of a hobby issue than a technical issue.

I’m frustrated, not mad, that you have not really helped out much and are steering me in the wrong direction and questioning everything I said and getting facts wrong then acting like it’s my fault.

I’m mad that I spend over a hundred bucks on tires for a day’s run!

I looked into the Arrma Back flips, I’m not sold on them based on a LOT of bad reviews and I can tell you now that I will shred them on the hub. There seem to be 2 wheels that I can see in some reviews that could work with these hubs. If I could find those tires not mounted, I might try them.

I would LOVE to find some wheels in green that I can glue on myself new tires. The issue that I can see with the traxxas wheels is that the tires are glues VERY deep into them and I can’t get the "bead" of the tire out. I’m a new to some of this stuff like tires, wheels,

You could gear down... So you have just enough wheelspeed to pull of a backflip or double or whatever you're happy with.

I recently lost a pinion (15 I believe) from my 6s Outcast and put a... Uhhh, 19? in there. Anyway, I geared up. While it was fun, I had a tire blow out and at full throttle I felt the whole thing was gonna explode. Ended up setting throttle EPA to something like 3/4 and it was less insane but still fast enough to do a double backflip off a sand pile.

So yeah, gear down or discipline your trigger finger :)

i said 20mill, not 20k
I'm trying to get some help here, very frustrating when people reply when they do not know or do not understand.
🤦‍♂️
How about belted tires?
Gearing down so wheel speed isnt as much?
Set throttle trim or EPA down so the wheel speed isnt much?

Belted tires? That's peeking my interest!

I didn't care for the talon ext's due to the lack of grip they offered. They were just plain awful on grass for me.

I was running a max6/blx4074 2050kv with 21/54 gearing on 6S at the time. May have been running a larger pinion... can't recall.

The tires I like the most are backflip MT's. I wrap all my 6S tires externally though to avoid blowouts. Takes a bit of effort/time, but the only tire problems I ever have are cutting the sidewalls when landing sideways really hard and the wheel cuts the sidewall up. Doesn't happen much on arrma's 6S tires, the sidewalls are pretty thick, but it does happen on their 4S tires. I had a set of the 4S (backflip lp's that I wrapped) on my maxx when I was running 4S and 6S. I had them on traxxas 8671 wheels. They were ok for a year or so, but eventually, I noticed a few cuts in the sidewall from the wheel edge tearing into them.

Anyway, on my e-revo 2.0, I ran the backflip MT's which come mounted and used hot racing +10mm hubs as the arrma wheels are 1/4" offset vs 1/2" like traxxas's wheels.

2021-0514-ERBEv2-FrontSideTop.jpg