Dash & Bash II

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver6127

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Dash & Bash II ... July 18

Since there hasn't really been an official thread started yet, or maybe I didn't see it, We (QURC) will be holding another event on July 18th.

The last one was pretty successful and we will hold another one on July 18th as mainly a "Family BBQ day" with friends. I know a few of you didn't make it out last time but here's your chance to come out again! Please contact myself, Markanda or Team17 for more details. We already have the RCNT banner that was sent to Team17 for last weeks event at Prospeed and we will be flying those colors again on July 18.

Here are the directions ...

From the Triboro Bridge:

1. From Triboro bridge, take Grand Central Parkway towards Long Island.
2. Exit from GCP on the FRANCIS LEWIS BLVD NORTH exit.
3. Continue on Francis Lewis Blvd north approx ¼ mile. Entrance to CUNNINGHAM PARK is on your right, immediately after the on-ramp for the GCP heading back towards the Triboro.
4. Follow winding road and we are in LOT #3. IT is the first parking lot on your left.
5. IF you reach the next traffic light on Francis Lewis, you have gone too far. That is Union Tpke. Turn around and the entrance to Cunningham Park will be on your right.

From the Verrazano Bridge:

1. Take the BQE to 495 East (Long Island Expressway)
2. Take 495 East to the Francis Lewis Blvd exit.
3. At Francis Lewis Blvd, turn RIGHT.(Heading south)
4. Follow Francis Lewis Blvd to Cunningham Park Entrance on your right side. (Once you pass Union Tpke, entrance is the next right.) Lot #3 will be on your left. Obvious by all the r/c’s and people running their cars.
5. If you see the entrance to the GCP on your right you have gone too far. Turn around at the next light and follow directions from the Triboro Bridge above, starting from #3.

From Long Island:
1. Take the Long Island Expressway EAST to Francis Lewis BLVD.
2. Make a left at Francis Lewis Blvd (SOUTH)
3. Follow Francis Lewis Blvd to Cunningham Park Entrance on your right side. (Once you pass Union Tpke, entrance is the next right.) Lot #3 will be on your left. Obvious by all the r/c’s and people running their cars.
4. If you see the entrance to the GCP on your right you have gone too far. Turn around at the next light and follow directions from the Triboro Bridge , starting from #3.

Optional route using the Northern State which turns into the Grand Central Pkwy:
1. Take the Northern State which turns into the Grand Central Pkwy
2. Exit at FRANCIS LEWIS BLVD NORTH
3. Follow Francis Lewis Blvd to Cunningham Park Entrance on your right side. (Once you pass Union Tpke, entrance is the next right.) Lot #3 will be on your left. Obvious by all the r/c’s and people running their cars.
4. If you see the entrance to the GCP on your right you have gone too far. Turn around at the next light and follow directions from the Triboro Bridge above, starting from #3.

The list of attendee's so far are as follows ...

Markanda
Team17
Sl0eg1n
Diver6127
Ericke1
Buncrana
RatzoRC
ImBroken
Pattyfingers
Goose1072

Please PM me if you are interested in comming.It's in 2 weeks after this July 4th celebration! We had a great time during the last event, let's do it again!
group2.jpg

Last edited:
BUMP!

If I don't get a good enough response for this date, I won't bother going to the hobby shops and see if I could get them to donate a rize. We would still be out there since it's a sunday but that's all it would be, a regular sunday meeting and who ever shows, shows.

You guys asked for this, so let's see some enthusiasm regarding this get together.

Still waiting for Imbroken, Msly, and Roadrunner to respond. Where are u guys?

WHAT!! Your not looking for me???
I charged your battery damn it!!
And where are my friggin pictures??
Your friend, Rob

And Diver!! put me on the friggin list!
Your friend, Rob

Last edited:
SORRY!! lol Didn't think u was going. Bring the Mini.

I can't give you guys a definite answer just yet. I need to get throught the weekend and ask the girlfriend and my sister.. Both my girlfriend and my nephews birthdays are that weekend. I just need to get the details straight before i say yes. Cause thats what I'm hoping to say.. Just give me till tues and I'll know for sure.. Sorry to hold you guys up but i dont wanna say yes and skunk ya's..

Na, I'm bringing the NTC3. I'm going after the Shumachers!!!

RatzoRC said:
Na, I'm bringing the NTC3. I'm going after the Shumachers!!!

BRING IT ON! Btw, Frank (the original schumacher) now has a Factory NTC3 with the same OS engine you had the last time. My NTC3 has been refitted with a Rody RBX12 and my brother (the one who hit the pole midair with his savage) has fitted is NTC3 with an RB V12.

Looks like it's gonna be a battle of the Associated's. Hey Team, you have more NTC3's to chase after with your Mugen! :boxing:

I figured a lot of those interested in going are away for the long weekend. I just wanted to get initial interest from you guys. Looks like it's gonna be another good event. Oh yeah, Ratzo, I have a 10x10 canopy so you don't have to turn red like a lobster this time. I think a lot of us have pretty big canopies so we'll be able to line up and fight the sun together.

Diver- Also bring extra weights. So we don't have the same problem like at Prospeed.

I gotta bring weights too!?! Shoot, I may just fill some 2 liter bottles full of water and hang em from the corners. Team, is Robriguez coming to the dash?

One day he is, the next is doesn't know. So I'm guessing no.

I'll bring the fire extinguisher...he he he
I'll also bring my ez up. but thanks anyway.

Updated List

Markanda
Team17
Sl0eg1n
Diver6127
Ericke1
Buncrana

RatzoRC
Imbroken

Team 17 said:
Markanda
Team17
Sl0eg1n
Diver6127
Ericke1
Buncrana

RatzoRC
Imbroken

I believe our new member Pattyfingers will be joining us. If Shoeman attends he must bring Dr Browns and the Ice !

Looking forward to a good time

yeah, I think Pat is joining us but I will confirm before posting his name. Frank will be there, but he isn't a member of this forum.

BUMP!! Is Msly going??

RatzoRC said:
BUMP!! Is Msly going??

Unfortunately, Msly (Mike) will be on vacation in Va.
I will most likely take my 4yr old son for the ride... lol Gotta start em early...

Good, my daughter will have someone to play with.

Ratzo- Bring the my Herbie body.

Hi Guys - I joined this forum and I will be at CP on the 18th - hopefully I will have my TC3 baught & built by then. Looking forward to this event and some cold Dr. Browns (furnished by Shoeman)

Looking forward to some fun again !

Keep Racing !

Back