D&A racing nitro truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhm83

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys,
My wife just bought me my first ever nitro truck.. I am new to RC and nitro. Has anyone heard of D&A. I didnt do much research and we saw an auction ending on ebay for a good price so we bought it. Can someone tell me a bit about them and also where to find parts for them in case i crash and burn on the first run? Thanks all help is much appreciated.:)

Haven't heard of them I'm guessing it was a cheapie. You should have researched and checked parts availability before buying. The whole point of hobby grade r/c is the ability to fix/upgrade them when they break and they WILL break.

Got a link to it?

test

Haven't heard of them I'm guessing it was a cheapie. You should have researched and checked parts availability before buying. The whole point of hobby grade r/c is the ability to fix/upgrade them when they break and they WILL break.

Got a link to it?

i tried to reply earlier but it has not shown up yet. Why is that?
it works now obviously lol so never mind

Last edited:
D&A links

Got a link to it?

www.dnaracingteam.com this website looks like its dead except that they still offer some parts for the car

here is a picture off of the ebay listing
rc truck.jpg

Looks like a Duratrax Warhead/HPI Savage knock off.

Redcat's another cheapy brand. This is a hobby were you really get what you pay for. Parts can be made to fit other brands, but be prepared for some modifications. These off brand machines aren't worth the time or money to try and beef up though. Once you eliminate one weak part, another becomes one. I'd just run this rig as is, and if you find that your really enjoying yourself, step up to a quality brand name rig. Hpi, Traxxas, AE, Losi, Ofna, ect...

Redcat's another cheapy brand. This is a hobby were you really get what you pay for. Parts can be made to fit other brands, but be prepared for some modifications. These off brand machines aren't worth the time or money to try and beef up though. Once you eliminate one weak part, another becomes one. I'd just run this rig as is, and if you find that your really enjoying yourself, step up to a quality brand name rig. Hpi, Traxxas, AE, Losi, Ofna, ect...

ok perfect. I have got my dad all revved up for buying one also and he just wants to be able to come out and run with me. I think we will buy the redcat and get used to running the trucks then step up to a name brand one once we know how to operate one without to much breakage. lol i just dont want to spend a lot of money and then wreck it right aways. :D

If you buy an expensive one they can take a beating, and if you were to break something it would be like a $5.00 part. I only broke spur gears, those are cheap!

If ur dad is planning on getting one and hasn't made the purchase yet, save your self some head aches and just get a hpi savage or something of similar quality.

If u decide u don't like it later, you can sell it for damn near what u paid, granted it's not smashed to smitts.

I agree with buying quality right out of the gate, but don't ever expect to get as much for a rc as you paid for it. Half is more accurate. You can buy a quality rc for pretty cheap. Look at Traxxas' xl line. The Bandit, Rustler, Stampede. They're not much over $150 rtr. And they're waterproof! Do a search on ebay for universal smart charger. For $20, you get a charger that's 6-10 cell capable, and they charge at 2 amps. Check out allbattery.com for cheap battery packs. I've had great luck with Tenergy 3800mah packs. You'd want to step up to a 7 or 8 cell pack for more performance eventually. The reason I'm throwing you a cheap charger idea is that the included charger with Traxxas rtr's is an 8 hour charger. Not much fun.:) Expect to pay $30-50 for battery packs($30 for a 6 cell, more for bigger batteries). So for right around $200, you can have a very nice setup. Parts for these vehicles are dirt cheap, stocked in every hobby shop in the world, and the aftermarket support is endless.

I agree with buying quality right out of the gate, but don't ever expect to get as much for a rc as you paid for it. Half is more accurate. You can buy a quality rc for pretty cheap. Look at Traxxas' xl line. The Bandit, Rustler, Stampede. They're not much over $150 rtr. And they're waterproof! Do a search on ebay for universal smart charger. For $20, you get a charger that's 6-10 cell capable, and they charge at 2 amps. Check out allbattery.com for cheap battery packs. I've had great luck with Tenergy 3800mah packs. You'd want to step up to a 7 or 8 cell pack for more performance eventually. The reason I'm throwing you a cheap charger idea is that the included charger with Traxxas rtr's is an 8 hour charger. Not much fun.:) Expect to pay $30-50 for battery packs($30 for a 6 cell, more for bigger batteries). So for right around $200, you can have a very nice setup. Parts for these vehicles are dirt cheap, stocked in every hobby shop in the world, and the aftermarket support is endless.

Thanks a lot. Everyone has been super helpful and has lots of info. i am glad i found this forum because as far as forums go i have got the best help here. thanks again guys :first_place:

Back