Could I use a Jato tranny to run a LRP Nitro Engine ZR.32 Spec.4 ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydiaz1993

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Could I use a Jato Transmission to run a LRP Nitro Engine ZR.32 Spec.4 ?
I currently have a Nitro Rustler with a 3.3 engine with the Jato 2 speed tranny but I want to add this new engine on to it just want to make sure it's possible before buying the engine.

Last edited:
A .32 is total overkill for a nitro rusty. Having had to mod a 1/8 scale buggy chassis once in order to fit a .28 in it, personally I wouldnt bother. Its a torque monster and I did find a clutch bell with a couple more teeth but its actually bit slower than when I had a high rpm .21 in it.

Will it work? I dont see why not as long as you can squeeze it on the rig.

ok or not it would be a blast to run. and Yes to add motor to that trans

A .32 is total overkill for a nitro rusty. Having had to mod a 1/8 scale buggy chassis once in order to fit a .28 in it, personally I wouldnt bother. Its a torque monster and I did find a clutch bell with a couple more teeth but its actually bit slower than when I had a high rpm .21 in it.

Will it work? I dont see why not as long as you can squeeze it on the rig.
What clutch bell did you use?
I was thinking of mounting it with the Jato platform since I already have it set up that way for the tranny.

Screenshot_20240108_152051_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240108_152033_Chrome.jpg

You can, but you're going to want to equip that trans with the Hot Racing steel gears, and use a steel spur. The plastic will not hold up to a .32, trust me on that one :)

You can, but you're going to want to equip that trans with the Hot Racing steel gears, and use a steel spur. The plastic will not hold up to a .32, trust me on that one :)
Do you know any good spurgear/ clutch bell combination?

You can put a big block using the RC Renew big block mount but I had to cut part of the mount off for clearance otherwise it'd hit the engine block. I posted my build here.

Thank you for the reply! Truly appreciated.
I just got rid of the 2 speed Rustler about a week ago some guy at the park just loved it and offered me enough not to refuse lol.
Got my hands on a Hb R10, will be posting new pics soon! đź‘Ť

Back