Check this out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinRazorback

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Email I received from a friend:

"This is pretty remarkable. The following pictures are of a guy who works for the Forest Service in Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large world record Grizzly charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloadeda 7mm Mag semi-auto into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The monster was still alive so he reloaded and capped it in the head.

The bear had killed 2 other people. His last meal was the poor fellow on a nature hike. The Forest Service found his 38-caliber emptied. He shot 6-times and hit the grizzly 4. They found seven 7mm slugs and four 38 caliber slugs in him, but obviously only wounded him since it was estimated to be 3 days prior to the bear's death by the Forest Service man.

It was over one thousand six hundred pounds, 12' 6" high to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world. Of course, the game department did not let him keep it. It will be mounted and put on display at the Anchorage
airport( to remind tourist's of the risks involved when in the wild).

Think about it. You would be level with the bear's belly button when he stood, he would look you in the eye when walking! This bear on its hind legs could walk up to the average single story house and look over the roof at eye level."

I'm working on the pics now. I have a picture of the guy who was attacked 3 days before the bear was killed, but I won't post them here.

Here's the links to the pictures

Bear Picture #1

Bear Picture #2

I have heard of that before. That would be scary to have this huge 12 foot bear running at you. Supposedly there used to be 20 feet tall bears in prehistoric times, now that would be scary. Now that I have a spell check for my Internet I can spell correctly.

Look at the size of that paw it is huge, plus look at that head it looks like it could eat him whole.

makes you sort of want to turn around a run the other direction. they are huge. my grandfather used to tell us stories about running into them or loosing a hunting dog every once in awhile during elk or deer season. he always wore a 44 mag on his hip when hunting and he would say, you'd be lucky to stop him with it unless you hit him just right. his bear rug was very cool.

That thing was HUGE !! I would be so freaking scared if i saw that charging at me !!Good thing he placed his shots just right..or else he would be the one on the ground dead.:cheerful:

Its a shame such a beautiful animal had to be killed. Its also a shame people had to die. Its just that with todays society a bear that is too close to civilization just can not function normally. Holy smokes if that thing was charging me I think i would miss it at point blank. Good thing it was such a big target.

I wonder if the guy had to change his underwear afterwards?

Who wouldn't have to a 12 foot bear.

(KE=M(V squared))+(7mm mag>.38)+Good grouping=1 dead assed bear.

I hope that hiker was tasty, cause the park ranger sure wasn't.

Punk azzed bear should'a not been on that Atkins diet.

Back