Cheap eBay crap!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it! My needle settings were a little off. She just purred through her first tank idling.... :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

This forum is awesome! Good knowledgeable guys willing to help. Thanks!!

Well I was able to remove the safety wire. All I needed to do was rotate my Carb. Linkage is working well but I don't think the throttle is opening 100%. Might need to buy a hitec servo and program it accordingly...

i see you have the stock throttle servo ..they are a bit weak ......do you still have 2 steering servo ?? if so , you can use one for your throttle ....one will work fine for steering

i see you have the stock throttle servo ..they are a bit weak ......do you still have 2 steering servo ?? if so , you can use one for your throttle ....one will work fine for steering

I have a single Hitec HSR 5995 for the steering. Wonder if a traxxas 2075( I have 2) would be a little better than the stock 2056 in there now?( for throttle/brake)

Last edited:
Yes. I have the 2075 on both my revo and tmaxx throttle brake and it works tons better than the stockers.

Yes. I have the 2075 on both my revo and tmaxx throttle brake and it works tons better than the stockers.

Cool, I'll swap that out this afternoon then :)

yep ...thats what i use as a throttle servo on both my revos to (2075);)...and i think they are a bit faster than the 2056 ;)

Without factoring in speed and torque, with any standard servo you should be able to get the throttle to work correctly, it’s just a matter of adjusting the linkage and angle of the carb in relation to the position of the throttle arm on the slide valve.
Disconnect the brake linkage and get the throttle operating correctly 1st, then adjust the brake.

the 2056 is weak and sometimes it has a hard time to counteract the resistance of the throttle return spring ...I've had that problem before

the 2056 is weak and sometimes it has a hard time to counteract the resistance of the throttle return spring ...I've had that problem before

Very True, but a decently operating 2056 servo and a good rx pack it should have no problems with the stock trs when adjusted correctly. Even the original revo with the 2018 servo would work with a stock trs (at least untill the servo got tired).
A lot of revos I've worked on for people over the years dont have the linkage adjusted correctly (I've see it time and time again) and they rely on the trs to return the slide valve to the idle position, it needs to be adjusted so that without the trs attached it works perfectly from idle to wot and then if too weak with the trs attached its time for fresh servo.

Replaced servo with 2075(much quicker action) I also adjusted the linkage a little as mentioned. I now have 100% throttle. Thanks for the tips guys...I have run 3 tanks through the new picco so far without a hitch. Annnnd I just saw a unicorn, I found the gold at the end of the rainbow and am also about to come up with a solution for world peace. ;)
43bf6a96-c615-5051.jpg
43bf6a96-c622-9399.jpg
43bf6a96-c62f-a440.jpg
43bf6a96-c648-2640.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, I almost did to...a thing of beauty.
43bf6a96-d06c-3dd2.jpg
43bf6a96-d077-dedf.jpg
43bf6a96-d081-5438.jpg
43bf6a96-d08d-35af.jpg

now u just need a switch glow and pull start and all u need to carry then is ur remote. :)

Nice revo..Iwas wondering if you could tell me what kind of wheels and tires you are running?

Back