Cheap eBay crap!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan261000

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Grrrr...Pretty ticked off right now. Against better judgement I bought a BB engine mount off eBay for my .26 Picco Max. This mount is supposedly made for the Revo with a Picco!! Am I missing something here? This is the best I can get the mesh to aline!?!?
43bf6a96-64f0-2aeb.jpg
43bf6a96-64fd-224e.jpg
43bf6a96-6509-f7bc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I think it needs to go forward a little. lol

What brand is it? Did it have any special instructions?

Looks like you have plenty of room from that pic to shim the flywheel/clutch bell forward.
You using the E-clip or a screw in the end of the crank?

Looks like you have plenty of room from that pic to shim the flywheel/clutch bell forward.

+1, I've never seen or used the Picco, so I wasn't sure how the end of the CS was.

Using an e-clip...where would I shim it? If I go any farther forward I won't be able to install the eclip.cheap mount! No forward/ backwards adjustment. I should have ordered the new era. I did just order the traxxas bb mount...( much cheaper option than the new era right now)

Last edited:
Shim behind the flywheel to bring the clutchbell toward the end of the crankshaft and then use a 3mm screw in the end of the crank with a washer to keep the clutch bell on the crank. Most BB mounts will require you to shim the flywheel or clutchbell to get the mesh correct depending on which engine you are running or what flywheel and clutch/bell you run.

Shim behind the flywheel to bring the clutchbell toward the end of the crankshaft and then use a 3mm screw in the end of the crank with a washer to keep the clutch bell on the crank. Most BB mounts will require you to shim the flywheel or clutchbell to get the mesh correct depending on which engine you are running or what flywheel and clutch/bell you run.

So shim behind the collet?

Gotcha! Just need some shims large enough to fit over the crank now...

.is that a stock revo clutch bell? if so , maybe a clutch bell/flywheel combo from a 1:8 would work better instead of adding a bunch of shims

.is that a stock revo clutch bell? if so , maybe a clutch bell/flywheel combo from a 1:8 would work better instead of adding a bunch of shims

Yes, it is a revo clutch bell...going to try this now...
43bf6a96-a147-7d5e.jpg
43bf6a96-a152-846d.jpg

that should help a bit...as long as your bell spins freely , you should be good to go ;)

Ha!! It lines up perfectly!! Yeah it spins just fine. Thanks guys!!

After pics...
43bf6a96-a427-f13f.jpg
43bf6a96-a435-bb17.jpg

Now I need to get the linkage figured out lol

Had to use a piece of safety wire to keep the arm attatched lol...works though.
43bf6a96-ad83-f93b.jpg
43bf6a96-ad91-fbe7.jpg

Done...

43bf6a96-b61f-20f7.jpg
43bf6a96-b62c-0f4e.jpg
43bf6a96-b64a-4769.jpg

Atleast I thought I was lol. I tried to fire her up and its not sucking fuel through the line? I tried to prime with finger over exhaust etc. Hrmmm...

Back