Charlie's First Crawler Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also looking forward to my one off custom painted body from another guy in New York. I'm thinking I should be looking more towards getting the wheels first. From what I've seen thus far, the machinist works faster than the painter paints. lol, ya know I'm just messing with ya on that inside joke, but I'll PM you later with some ideas.

how long do you think that its going to take you to finish it?

I'm about finished with it. The only thing I didn't finish last night was drilling holes in the wheels for air and mounting the tires on the beadlocks. I took the wheels to work and got them all drilled and mounted on my lunch break. The internet was down at work so since I couldn't get my RCNT fix I took the wheels and tires to get my RC fix. I'm putting the wheels and tires on now and then I'm gonna take it around the house on a test run.

OMG, this thing is stupid crazy. I just took it for its maiden voyage in the living room. The 30 degree links provide an amazing amount of articulation for an out of the box rig. The novak goat is unbelievable. It's got so much torque, if you give it about 70% throttle, it will pick up the front right and rear left tires at the same time from the torque causing the chassis to flex. I'm definitely going to have to go to the throttle curve setup that allows for smoother control.

He's been playing with it like no body business. When I get in the throttle and flew it and pull the wheels up he thinks its like a big monster, so he pounces toward it and then I chase him with it. He just ate so he'll pass out soon and I'll do some Bogie crawling lol. I'm about to post some pics of it crawling a lil obstacle I set up with pillows. I'm in love, this is definitely one of my favorite RC's. It's a whole other side of driving RC's, because of the balance factor and the mental work in picking the right lines and pushing the rig to its limits. Rolex, you've waited way too long. You've gotta get one!! I'm going to upload the pics now.

lmao, that's funny. I'm too much in love with this one. I think I'd sell over other rig I had before I would sell this one if it came down to it. That's saying a lot, because I love me some baja, but it would be a close tie between my favorite. This one I will use more I think because it's so convenient. Here's the pics. The first one shows the low COG battery plate and the servo mounted over the front axle. They balance each other very nicely. The rest of them are actual pics of it crawling, I didn't just take it and twist up the suspension by hand and set it down and take a pic, I was actually running it in all the pics.
100_0534.jpg

100_0537.jpg

100_0539.jpg

100_0541.jpg

100_0540.jpg

100_0536.jpg

sweet...i have been watchin rc crawlers all day, and i have a bite on selling the savage, so i might hvae one soon, but i dont have the money for the kit, so it will be the rtr...

The RTR is ok. If I were you, I would go ahead and spend 25 bucks on a HiTec 645MG servo on ebay. You can get them shipped for about that price. That's the number one complaint that I've heard from people with the RTR. After that I would get the Low Center of Gravity battery and servo tray. Those two are necessities, and after that it's just wants more than needs I think, unless your gonna be competing.

DAMN!! now i want one...looks awesome to drive one of those babies!! Nice rig.:)

Back