Charger advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bud I had my eye on a zeee battery anyway

I'll take a look thanks wicked, I only ask about overlander as the sky rc one doesn't come with the xt60 to Deans cable and the overlander does
You can buy or make an adapter separately.

Thanks bud I had my eye on a zeee battery anyway

I'll take a look thanks wicked, I only ask about overlander as the sky rc one doesn't come with the xt60 to Deans cable and the overlander does
I have accumulated a slew of connectors of various types over the years, so I always just make up my own. Much cheaper to just buy the wire and connector ends.

I am reluctant to say buy the Overland charger just because I have no experience with the brand. I have owned 3 SkyRC chargers and never had any issues with them. I would also say, if you think you are going to get more into electric RC, to go for a better charger. But I completely understand being on a budget. My disability only allows for spending in small amounts, so that is why you see my projects take months to complete.

You can buy or make an adapter separately.
Good shout actually bud
I have accumulated a slew of connectors of various types over the years, so I always just make up my own. Much cheaper to just buy the wire and connector ends.

I am reluctant to say buy the Overland charger just because I have no experience with the brand. I have owned 3 SkyRC chargers and never had any issues with them. I would also say, if you think you are going to get more into electric RC, to go for a better charger. But I completely understand being on a budget. My disability only allows for spending in small amounts, so that is why you see my projects take months to complete.
I'll just get the skyrc one and buy/make a discharge cable buddy I'd rather get one you are happy recommending

Good shout actually bud

I'll just get the skyrc one and buy/make a discharge cable buddy I'd rather get one you are happy recommending
Well, tbh, I wouldn't recommend the SkyRC one except to people on a pretty small budget. It will do, but if you used it for awhile then stepped up to a better charger you'd likely be kicking yourself for buying the SkyRc one to begin with.

The Hota D6 Pro that I use is a killer charger for the money. But at $118 USD it is probably out of your price range. But that is the best charger I have used.

Well, tbh, I wouldn't recommend the SkyRC one except to people on a pretty small budget. It will do, but if you used it for awhile then stepped up to a better charger you'd likely be kicking yourself for buying the SkyRc one to begin with.

The Hota D6 Pro that I use is a killer charger for the money. But at $118 USD it is probably out of your price range. But that is the best charger I have used.
Yeah I am on a strict budget atm and not sure if I'll get any more electric rc stuff yet bud. So il dip my toe in and if I have to buy a better one down the line so be it haha 😄

Yeah I am on a strict budget atm and not sure if I'll get any more electric rc stuff yet bud. So il dip my toe in and if I have to buy a better one down the line so be it haha 😄
That's cool. When I bought my SkyRC charger it was $65 USD. So that price for that one you linked isn't bad.

That's cool. When I bought my SkyRC charger it was $65 USD. So that price for that one you linked isn't bad.
Well I've done it and ordered that charger, a zeee 5200 mah 2s 70c battery and a new receiver to replace that melted one, tha ks buddy let's see what happens when they arrive!!! Just hoping I get a good amount of time out of this battery as the current one only lasts about 20 mins

Well I've done it and ordered that charger, a zeee 5200 mah 2s 70c battery and a new receiver to replace that melted one, tha ks buddy let's see what happens when they arrive!!! Just hoping I get a good amount of time out of this battery as the current one only lasts about 20 mins
Nice! 20 minutes is an above-average amount of run time.

Really? So this battery was doing OK then haha its an etronix 3250mah 2s 20c but it was just the tiniest bit puffed so was advised to change it.
Driving style will affect run time. If you were getting 20 minutes on 3250mAh, you should see closer to 25 or more with a 5200mAh. But that is a decent amount of run time. What vehicle is it again?

I'm no expert as i just got back into the hobby. There are some smart and helpfull guys here. I was in the same boat and ended up with the protek prodigy 610 ez charger. Its a single battery charger but charges at 100 watts. I've been very happy with it

Driving style will affect run time. If you were getting 20 minutes on 3250mAh, you should see closer to 25 or more with a 5200mAh. But that is a decent amount of run time. What vehicle is it again?
It's just an FTX Bugsta, I'm sure it lasts 15-20 mins, I run it on a flat grass field but it's ran full throttle 75% of the time lol
60A motor in it I believe

Thanks bud, I've already ordered the skyrc charger though 😁👍
I'm no expert as i just got back into the hobby. There are some smart and helpfull guys here. I was in the same boat and ended up with the protek prodigy 610 ez charger. Its a single battery charger but charges at 100 watts. I've been very happy with it

Wow, ordered this battery last night around 19:00 and it arrived the next day at 13:45. Really impressed with that service
Seller was 247suppliesuk on Ebay

Attachments

• 16434639689274900484527531162020.jpg
    16434639689274900484527531162020.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 17
Hey @WickedFog buddy, hope you're well...
I was wondering if I could ask you another question?
I'm wondering if there's anything I should be doing with this battery before I start using it, should I charge it or is there a 'running in' process or anything?

Hey @WickedFog buddy, hope you're well...
I was wondering if I could ask you another question?
I'm wondering if there's anything I should be doing with this battery before I start using it, should I charge it or is there a 'running in' process or anything?
Charge it and go. No breaking in process required. Have you familiarized yourself with how to care for LiPo's?

Ok thanks Wicked, and not too much yet if I'm honest buddy, you got any links to a guide or do we have one in here?
This is a good guide and goes over storage, charging and connectors. But charge at 1C only, so for example 5200mAh would charge at 5.2a, and a 1400mAh would charge at 1.4a.

This is a good guide and goes over storage, charging and connectors. But charge at 1C only, so for example 5200mAh would charge at 5.2a, and a 1400mAh would charge at 1.4a.
OK brilliant Pug thanks buddy! I'll check through that link too much appreciated mate

There are lots of YT vids that go over LiPo basics. Watching some on your specific charger will help as also. I charge at 1c only. Charging faster than that will only degrade your batteries faster. Never let them go below 3v/cell. To do that, I set my LVC to 3.6v/cell or so if the ESC has that option, but to be honest, I usually stop running around 3.8v/cell. Don't ask me how, but the last 10 runs have all ended at 3.8v-3.83v, and I stop before LVC kicks in. Getting to know my RC's I think 😉

Back