Carson Parts or compatible A Arms Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickeyFKNMouse

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So, I’ve just dug out my old 1/8 Carson Montana.
It’s perfect and runs great apart from the front upper a arm. I’ve sourced some new balls from another model off the bay, however I’m having problems finding new upper arm.
the old one I still have but the old ball snapped off on a runaway and the thread is still inside deep.
I’m wondering if there’s any that are compatible with this truck. I’ve taken dimensions and a pic below. I don’t mind changing the front end to match.
The only parts I can find original are from Germany and every time I pay I always get an email saying waiting for stock. 4 times I’ve had this.

the arm is 75mm long and 36mm wide at the hinge pin hole

thanks and I hope someone can help. Would love to get this going again

Attachments

• CBA30901-D5E6-4478-81C4-018BACEAB17D.jpeg
    CBA30901-D5E6-4478-81C4-018BACEAB17D.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 80
  • D98E4B0B-5777-43D1-8EED-826AFB56B4EE.jpeg
    D98E4B0B-5777-43D1-8EED-826AFB56B4EE.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 64
Welcome to the forum. You can buy screw extractors or "Easy Outs". That shouldn't be too hard to get out of that plastic as long as you don't get the drill bit too hot while drilling it.

Welcome to the forum. You can buy screw extractors or "Easy Outs". That shouldn't be too hard to get out of that plastic as long as you don't get the drill bit too hot while drilling it.
I did look at extractor sets on Azon and bay but all reviews weren’t worth the effort. They were the drill driver double ended bits. But searched after your post and found the ones below. Are they any good?
Welcome! I'm afraid I'm not aware of anything right off
Yeah I know it’s a long shot but I know some models still use the pivot ball system. I don’t even mind changing the front end both sides of I can find summat that fits onto the chassis

Attachments

• DE2F9208-0247-43F6-8166-0838693B4515.jpeg
    DE2F9208-0247-43F6-8166-0838693B4515.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 56
I did look at extractor sets on Azon and bay but all reviews weren’t worth the effort. They were the drill driver double ended bits. But searched after your post and found the ones below. Are they any good?
I have a set like that. I've only had a need to use it one time but it worked great. That being said I used it on a stripped screw that wasn't sunk in so your milage may vary

I have a set like that. I've only had a need to use it one time but it worked great. That being said I used it on a stripped screw that wasn't sunk in so your milage may vary
Came today and was useless. The busted thread in the arm isn’t cheapo metal and the bit just rounded off.
I eventually just cut the arm enough to get some pliers onto the bolt and twisted it out. Luckily there’s a lot of space for the new balls to go back in and is still just as robust. Got new ones on order from Germany but this is just a quick fix. (It broke off just at the thread start)
So out tomorrow for a test run