Carpet Munching

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And also you were building it a together in 1 sitting. I was working on and off because I had to wait for parts and time in my schedule.
I'm going to start an axial scx24 bronco build soon. It's going to have all treal upgrades.
Scx24s are good Mini crawlers. After I had the mini b I really don't like micro cars since they are just way to hard to work on. Well the mini b is hard to work on not sure about any other micro cars.

And also you were building it a together in 1 sitting. I was working on and off because I had to wait for parts and time in my schedule.

Scx24s are good Mini crawlers. After I had the mini b I really don't like micro cars since they are just way to hard to work on. Well the mini b is hard to work on not sure about any other micro cars.
I'm going to work on it off and on. I'm going to have a budget of at least $50 a week. I'm going all out with this build

Actually, the scx24 is really easy to work on. its all one screw type so you can just use the same bit.

I don't think axial offered scx24 kits so are you going to get a RTR and upgraded it along the way?
My mini b was all 1.5 hex and 5.5 nut. Very easy.

Oh nice. Broke the skid plate for the 8th time on my slash. Really looking into selling the car cause it's a money pit. And I know that I'm not going to get more than 220 for it so idk if I should keep it or not.

Oh nice. Broke the skid plate for the 8th time on my slash. Really looking into selling the car cause it's a money pit. And I know that I'm not going to get more than 220 for it so idk if I should keep it or not.
Damn sorry dude. Do you have rpm ones on it?

RPM don't make lower skid plates for the LCG chassis. And there is no aftermarket piece. Emailed Traxxas about 3 times and their not helpful at all. I'm going to talk to my uncle to see what he thinks about my idea of modifying the skid plate.
I got RPM arms, shock towers and over various parts. Which work well.
If my modifying idea works and fixes the problem I'll be super surprised.
My advice: Traxxas is not the fastest name in radio control and they are money pits. Buy a arrma. Planning on getting the KRA6s or 4s. I am over 1k deep into my slash.

Friday night carpet racing. On road off road and mini B .
Super fun running my VTA car . After the last couple weeks of oval racing it’s been a bit of a challenge to find a rhythm.

CC068EDC-66B6-4801-A04C-E336BEBFA869.jpeg

C6827185-F9F6-4864-910B-AB9CE86A4573.jpeg

Tonight I was not fast and could not get my rhythm at all. Broke my mini B twice and my VTA once. Got three third place finishes. I had time moments but mostly just slooow.

Sunday will be better .

Sunday morning racing is underway. Testing and tuning till about ten o’clock.
Just ran a personal best time of 3.9 seconds with my modified car.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The modified ran a personal best time of 3.8 in the main event today. The tuning is going in the right direction.

312508A8-91D1-4726-8767-042075118907.jpeg

Cool thread, never seen a carpet track require foam tires for modern 2WD and 4WD buggy before!

I recently picked up a sponsorship with RawSpeed tires and they don't currently make a front 4WD tire for carpet but I decided to do some testing with the 2WD carpet tire anyway... something to consider for spec racing with 4WD:

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/2wd-wheels-on-4wd.136992/

They don’t actually require foams they just last a long time. And for the carpet oval it’s a class thing. They have a runner tire class.

At it again. Friday night oval at the Bull Ring. Tonight I’m tuning my pan cat for Sundays race and running three classes of RJ speed cars.

Repainted my modified car. The body was messed up because I followed the cut lines and nothing lined up and the holes were all too big.

15A64EB1-8C6D-4B17-8BFD-FD4C5CAE2CB8.jpeg

8C73BC50-1E25-4ABE-8429-3F455112C3FA.jpeg

I got first place in both the modified and in legend class. Second with the USAC Midget. Apparently the sensor plug needs to be plugged into the motor. 🥴

Sunday morning snow day. Light turn out but good day to test and tune. .

image.jpg

Brutality that’s is all I can say about todays racing.

We started late because of snow. Turned on the heat and I guess that makes the track fast. I started off the Legend first heat and the servo saver would not stay centered so I battled to a forth place finish in that heat. I replaced the servo saver and was cruising along in the second heat when I got bumped , hit the wall and lost the right front wheel. Don’t want to mess up the carpet so I pulled out.
I keep hubs ready to go so I replaced the right front wheel and was ready for the main event. It’s a 75 lap main and I was not going to push my luck so I was in second or third place for like sixty laps. The main has six cars and qualifiers are four cars. Cars are bouncing all over the place and with like twenty laps to go I take a hit and actually break my left king pin. That has never happened before and the car did not really slow down ..it just pulled left really bad. So I held right in the straight and let up for the turns and finished fourth.

Then the USAC midget was the same thing . First qualifying run I hit the wall and lost a wheel. Second qualifying round I was second. And the 75 lap Main has my eyes still stinging. I got second place but it was a wild fight six starts, five finished and everyone crash and was leading at some point. I chunked a tire on the inside somehow?

The modified had a broken wheel in the first qualifying round. Second place in the second qualifier and then second place in the main event.

I need some tires and I already ordered the king pins they will be in Wednesday.
Next race is Friday night.

image.jpg

Back