Carpet Munching

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s got be the most fun you can have.
In Legend the car was just not going fast. The handling was spot on and after the first heat my battery seemed really hot and would not charge above 5.2. So I bought a new battery and it charged up to over 6 volts. But in the second heat same thing. The car was just slow as can be. After the second qualifying heat I had to figure it out. So I checked my radio and my throttle travel was set to 42%. It still got into the A main but I was last. That started me in seventh for an eight car race. I started seventh and went as high as third before finishing just out of the podium in fourth place.

The Sprint car was a little different. I was up against a seasoned pro and we just slugged it out for two qualifying heats. The 75 lap Main was the same thing when near the end he passed me and went into first place . Shortly after that he went down the front straight with three wheels. I could smell blood in the water and just hammered down and won the A main.

The RJ modified is my favorite race. The little car is screaming 3.9 second laps and dispite trashed tires it handles great. My competition consists of a kid that has gotten much better. A seasoned pro and national champion that both just got back from the snowbirds .
So the first heat I was just behind the champ and we left the others in dust for most of the race when suddenly the champ touched the corner “ICE” and went into the wall removing his wheel and I went around and finished first. The second qualifying round it was the opposite. We battled it out and I touched the wall and pulled the axle out of my front hub. Lucky for me I had an experienced marshal and he put my wheel back on and I was able to finish second. Then cam the main event. 75 laps and we had a rolling start. As we took off again. My plan was to just hang with him and not crash us both out and so I held second place for a dozen laps. But I was just cruising along when we got into traffic separating us, so I had to make up some distance. Which I did and caught right back up. This made me realize I was actually faster than him. That’s when I got hit by the veteran driver and our cars got stuck together in the center of the track. And the champ passed me. The marshal untangled the little love fest and I took off with a vengeance. I knew I was faster so I just proceeded to run him down. It took about twenty laps and I caught him at lap 59. From there I just had to avoid traffic and when I caught up the the kid I did not even try to pass him. I knew he was a few laps down and we had three laps to go. That got me first place in modified. And that’s a big point help because I think it was a double points race. Not sure about that.

Next race is the BullRing 200. It’s 200 laps with a pit stop. Going to be a big event .

57B13B20-91C9-4C31-8DD0-6040DCAED4AF.jpeg

5B05FB36-356D-4086-B82D-0262B262F4E8.jpeg

57EB401F-2618-4E14-A31C-D977F29B8E90.jpeg

73D37EFD-E179-4E03-959D-5EB8CF44030A.jpeg

Last edited:
Today is a big day. This weekend it the third annual Bullring 200. It’s a weekend of carpet oval in Cedar Rapids iowa.
It’s being broadcast on Live RC if you want to watch.

https://www.liverc.com

I’m running breakout and Busch Light class.
Yesterday was practice . I did a couple hundred laps and dialed everything in.
Today is four fifty lap qualifying heats. Then tomorrow is the 200 lap race. In the breakout race I have to remove and replace the battery during a mandatory sixty second pit stop. For the Busch light I will actually have to replace the battery so I can go 200 laps.
There are more people here than I have ever seen.

F751E8D4-1C2E-4E33-8740-9CB6011D7EBF.jpeg

Well 13 hours of racing today. Four fifty lap qualifying heats. I’m exhausted.
I don’t really remember what happed. I won some and finished second and third some. Basically I am in second place in breakout. Out of fifteen with the 8 person 200 lap A-main tomorrow. I am confident I can do well . But if today is any indication I have my work to do. I broke out twice. In four heats. Both times I went from first place to forth place. That is how close they are are running. It’s .020 of a second between the top eight qualifying cars.

The Busch light is much tougher. I did not crash I did not make any mistakes and I am in sixth place out of maybe fifteen cars. And the A-main is six places. That means tomorrow morning I have to win the B-main to even run in the A main.

Lots to do tonight. Tomorrow is only three races but if I’m lucky it will be four hundred and fifty laps.

Big day today.
First is the B main in Busch light. IF I can win that then I can move to the A Main. Otherwise that’s it.

The breakout race I’m in the A main already sitting in second. just gotta pay attention for 200 laps.

B-Main is done and I did not bump to the A. I was leading the race when someone flipped right in front of me. I slammed into their roof so hard it unplugged my battery. His car was damaged and I had to jump off the driver stand fix my car and get back in. I opened up a can of woop ass and made up six laps. But needed three more laps . I finished second place down one laps.

Breakout is next.

Breakout went pretty well. I got second place. Down 2 laps after 200 with no breakouts. Nothing to do now but get ready for the weekend.

The race is over and everything went pretty well. I have a ton of work to do now. Getting my next truck together and practicing for the Nationals next year.
My new best friend just purchased an actual motor and chassis dyno. I can not wait to help him set it up.
Plus I need to buy a tire machining tool.

F6971CA3-ADE0-4ED2-8680-DAD7AF6527D7.jpeg

Some breakout action from the weekend. The car did really well. Over 400 laps with one breakout.

B1C085F5-F4F1-42C2-A003-35AE46EA54D6.jpeg

B-Main is done and I did not bump to the A. I was leading the race when someone flipped right in front of me. I slammed into their roof so hard it unplugged my battery. His car was damaged and I had to jump off the driver stand fix my car and get back in. I opened up a can of woop ass and made up six laps. But needed three more laps . I finished second place down one laps.

Breakout is next.
T-boned the sideboard at speed once RC drag racing. Had the same thing happen. Hit so hard it even dislodged the plugs in the receiver. Never told anybody because didn't think they'd believe me. So, reading you had a similar experience is curious. Got eliminated next round as a result of handling issues. After getting the chassis back to shop, discovered it had arched lengthwise as a result of the impact. These little cars pack a lot of kinetic energy.

Good reading you are doing so well. Congrats on the trophy plate. Looks great. Go Hawkeyes. Cheers. 'AC'

Cars are screaming today.
The modified just did a personal best of 3.85 second laps. With 3.9 and 3.87 . That is super fast because of the brand new tires. I need a truing machine to recut used tires.

The legend is going super . I put the narrower tires on it because the class is so ruff. The tires are 1/4 inch narrow because I removed the damage parts from normal used tires. This gets the tires under the fender so it stops climbing the wall and tangling with other cars.
And the sprint car is leading the points currently. So I am just letting it be.

So with everything running well and the track running fast leads to hard hits and control. My focus for this race is to stay out of trouble.

1E6B0C95-ADE2-45B1-A595-CE552AE211F8.jpeg

5EABD2B5-6E31-40C0-9791-FA28BD8FF699.jpeg

Big battle today. Everything is moving so fast. Crashes are hard.
I made all the A-mains so far. Just need to finish these races for the points.

The A mains did not go my way.
Legends I finished fifth after a crash.
In Sprint car I got sent into the wall and broke the king pin.
Then in modified I got slammed so hard it broke the car in half. Game over.
Next week will be better. But wow that was brutal.

370C464C-B705-4A92-8C6A-33F8C1A30A24.jpeg

F3ACFAF4-2731-4FBF-82DD-6C5F46472AD6.jpeg

4F54C906-CB91-438C-B95F-B0CD094A85BD.jpeg

That’s racing . What’s better than crashing out of first place? Doing it twice. Haha. 16 bucks to fix it all and fight on. The little modified car is named Jasper. It’s a car of focus, commitment and sheer will.

6CB93512-D4FD-4599-BFB8-29A0603A34F6.jpeg

Well.. The seasons are winding down. Tonight is Friday night fun night RJ speed cars and breakout. Then Sunday is Pan car and brake out. So it will be a big weekend. Three more races left in the season.

It was a kinda crazy night good racing very fast paced night. Jasper one all the heats and the main. I got 234 in the other classes but I gotta check .

D35C9B87-E0E3-4CCE-91BC-ED6FFDBBD16C.jpeg

Out at the track today. I super nervous. Yesterday I discovered a solution to a problem on a couple cars. One of witch I’m racing today. This morning in testing everything is running really well. So it’s all up to my driving.
Today is pan car day so the competition will be fierce.

9D706790-5939-4BE4-88DE-52A142DE4C22.jpeg

Qualifiers are done. I am driving well and the cars are out performing my ability. Except for the breakout I made the same mistake I made before . I tried to add a little voltage and ended up breaking out. One lap one mistake and it’s game over.
But I’ll be good for the main.

Quick day for me. I felt like I was driving pretty well but did not finish so well. I’m very very happy with the day. The cars I have been having such trouble with actually did better than the ones I feel I have dialed in. I got third in legends and the car is totally flying and solid. The break out I know what to do next. And the Busch light is fast but I need to start cutting tires .

This is an unexpected treat. The hobby shop is having the off-road racing Saturday. I’m racing and practicing three days a week and Saturday is tough. But they decided to just run 2 and 4 WD buggy’s . 6-8 pm two classes and see how it goes.
My Losi 22x4 has never been raced . And I have been turning left for five months. Let’s see how this goes.

2414C1F0-3164-4CBA-B388-1EBD6315C3A8.jpeg

image.jpg

Back