Brushless Truggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudSlinger33

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, been looking into getting myself a brushless truggy for some time now, have never owned or driven a truggy so I have no clue where to begin. It would be for bashing purposes only and could be RTR or a kit, (leaning more towards a kit) but If any of you have any opinions let me know. Thanks,

Chad

Depends on Part support. Personally, I would go with a HPI Trophy Truggy Flux, Team Associated Rc8te. Don't go with Nanda/Exceed. Ofna truggies are also good.

I pulled the trigger today and bought the HPI Trophy 4.6. Going to save up and buy myself either an RC8T or an 8ight-T 2.0 roller this summer.

Last edited:
One of these days I want either an 8ight T or a converted MBX6 T that runs on 6S with the RX8/Mamba2200 Combo. I know a guy that has that in an MBX5 T and it is just sick!

I bet the HPI Trophy is pretty nice too. People say alot of good things about it. Be nice to see some pics/vids :)

I'm hoping its a good rig. I ordered it off tower so it should be here early next week. I really liked the new waterproof version, they even designed the air filter to be "water resistant."
Thats the same setup I would drop into the 8ight-T if I had one.

I thought you wanted a brushless truggy.

I still do, which is why I am saving up for an 8ight-T 2.0 roller which I will convert to electric.

i bought a ofna lx-2 roller and put some hobbywing parts in.added 5-1/2"tires and wow!!! had to change the 15t pinion to a 13t so it would stop taking flight.