Next 1/8 Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miguelf1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello,

I currently own a Traxxas Bandit VXL 1/10, Traxxas E-revo 1/10, a Modtser Cito 1/8 and a Kyosho Mini Inferno Nitro ST and I am currently looking to get a new 1/8 brushless buggy with some good punch and was considering these 3 models:

- Arrma TLR Tuned Typhon Elektro Brushless Buggy 4WD 1:8 RTR
- HPI Racing Vorza Flux 1/8 4WD RTR Electric Buggy
- Kyosho Inferno MP9e EVO V2 ARR

I´m looking into RTR or ARR versions because don´t have much time to work on a kit from scratch since I got to manage 3 kids (11, 9 and 8) on my own and got busy job but i do enjoy sitting in my garage for a couple of hours every week to fine tune these beauties.

Not sure if the Inferno can match the Arrma and the HPI in terms of speed (can it run on 3S?) The primary use would be to have fun at our local tracks and the occasional bash in the forest.

In terms of speed, durability, handling and availability of spare parts for which one would you go and why? Budget is not an issue (yet) since this is my guilty pleasure and I enjoy it a lot alone any with my kids.

Thanks!

If you want more of a basher, I'd go with the Arrma. If you want more of a racer, I'd go with the Kyosho. If you want one for both, I'd maybe go with the Vorza. My brother has a Vorza, and it's a beast, but it wasn't very competitive against the pure racers at the track with their Losi's and Associated buggies. It had the speed on the straight, but wasn't as good through the corners.

The MP9e is a 4S RC, which requires two 2S packs. It has a battery tray big enough for two batteries, so yes, a 3S will fit, but it's designed for 4S.

I think you are limiting yourself by not wanting to build a kit. You can build one in a weekend, and even get the kids involved. If it were me, I'd definitely get the MP10e instead. Plus you learn so much about an RC while building it, as opposed to tearing one down to work on it.

And welcome to the forum. You might head over to the Introduce Yourself forum and say howdy to everyone.

Last edited:
Thanks @WickedFog , I might consider the Inferno MP10 as I always have had a thing for that model.

I´d love to work on a kit but I am afraid in Zurich (Switzerland) haven´t got any good shop nearby to go to to ask for advice when it comes to the servos, transmitter, and all the other parts I´d need to complete the car.

Following your suggestion I´ll introduce myself to everyone in the "introduce yourself" sections.

Out of those 3, Id go with the Kyosho. Racers make good bashers but bashers dont make good racers imho.

Id also consider the Associated RB10 or the Losi 8ight-E (or whatever their current race kit is). Haobo buggies are also a great.

I´d love to work on a kit but I am afraid in Zurich (Switzerland) haven´t got any good shop nearby to go to to ask for advice when it comes to the servos, transmitter, and all the other parts I´d need to complete the car.
You said you have local tracks, but no local shop? So who runs the tracks? If they are racing there, I'd ask if there are any requirements as far as motor or ESC for the 1/8 buggy class, then go from there. If it's just open racing, then we can help you pick out the electronics.

Thanks @WickedFog , I might consider the Inferno MP10 as I always have had a thing for that model.

Following your suggestion I´ll introduce myself to everyone in the "introduce yourself" sections.
You said you have local tracks, but no local shop? So who runs the tracks? If they are racing there, I'd ask if there are any requirements as far as motor or ESC for the 1/8 buggy class, then go from there. If it's just open racing, then we can help you pick out the electronics.
Thanks, there is one Swiss RC shop sponsoring the track but it´s about 50 miles away from my place (and the track), it seems a nice shop (https://planet-rc.ch/) so I might try to get some contact there next time I am on the track.

Thanks for the answers so far, right now I feel more inclined for the Kyosho Inferno MP9e readyset, I just wonder if the electronics that come with it are waterproof as they are in the HPI Vorza S Flux and the Arrma TLR. It can rain a lot in Switzerland so it is something to look at!

Thanks for the answers so far, right now I feel more inclined for the Kyosho Inferno MP9e readyset, I just wonder if the electronics that come with it are waterproof as they are in the HPI Vorza S Flux and the Arrma TLR. It can rain a lot in Switzerland so it is something to look at!
You could always buy some conformal coating and waterproof the electronics yourself if they arent already. Its not hard to do

Back