I want another one….again!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I’ve been shopping for another chassis to rebuild or even a kit. I’m torn between a few choices though.
Do I want the Tekno ET410?
Do I want another eb48 to turn into an sct or monster sct?
Do I want the LC Racing ptg2r, or the LC10b5 and make it a rally car?
I'm not sure what other platforms to consider, as these would be my go to brands.

so many choices. This won’t be for racing, just backyard shenanigans on the home track. Nothing I have gets sent on massive jumps, I'm pretty good to my toys. I think I would really enjoy a 1/10 truggy but can’t find any used. I have a hobbywing max10SCT and 3660 3200kv motor that I will most likely borrow from another vehicle to begin with. I also have a Tekin 21.5T motor that could use a home and that might take some gearing and voltage trials to get the speed just right.
What’s for sale out there?

Is it though? I mean sure I do…. It is basically the same price as the et410.2 kit. Either of those appeals to me right now. Hmm I guess that’s 2 votes for the 2.0

I have tried to sell my 22s to help me fund another project but it hasn’t sold.

No no, no... that means:
I think you're being really selfish, but being the nicer person, I will let you decide, but if you decide wrong, I reserve the right to bring this up at any time, in any future argument or discussion...
:joyful:

No no, no... that means:
I think you're being really selfish, but being the nicer person, I will let you decide, but if you decide wrong, I reserve the right to bring this up at any time, in any future argument or discussion...
:joyful:
Well she has this camera addiction…… she’s looking at a $400+ camera so……

ET410, SCT410 2.0, ET48, all good cars, just depends what you want to do, 1/8, 1/10 SCT, 1/10 Truggy. The 1/10 truggy is ET410.2 which hasn't been updated in a while so id vote SCT410 2.0. Max10 SCT and 3200 kv would do really well in the SCT. Could work in the Mini Truggy.
That Tekin 21.5 is not enough for all the SCT, Mini Trug, or 8th scale. Most likely for a 2wd SCT or 2wd Bug. As the 4wd SCT, 8th scale, and Mini Trug is far more heavier and bigger.
For the SCT you would want a 550 size or hobbywing 3660 size, 3200 to 4600kv range depending what voltage your running at. In the Mini Trug, I would do any thing below 10.5. And in the 8th scale you would want a 2000kv / 1900kv. 2 to 4s in the SCT (depending on motor) 2s in the Mini Trug, 4s in a 8th scale.
If your finding something a bit older, used and cheaper, id check eBay and local FB market place or local RC groups on FB.
When I was on eBay, I found lots of losi SCTEs roller / sliders. I was searching up Teknos, there were alot less. Probably because they are worth it in the long run, and so durable.
If your wanting Teknos, which are race grade kits, Id check RCTech ( www.rctech.net ) my buddies always say to check there.

ET410, SCT410 2.0, ET48, all good cars, just depends what you want to do, 1/8, 1/10 SCT, 1/10 Truggy. The 1/10 truggy is ET410.2 which hasn't been updated in a while so id vote SCT410 2.0. Max10 SCT and 3200 kv would do really well in the SCT. Could work in the Mini Truggy.
That Tekin 21.5 is not enough for all the SCT, Mini Trug, or 8th scale. Most likely for a 2wd SCT or 2wd Bug. As the 4wd SCT, 8th scale, and Mini Trug is far more heavier and bigger.
For the SCT you would want a 550 size or hobbywing 3660 size, 3200 to 4600kv range depending what voltage your running at. In the Mini Trug, I would do any thing below 10.5. And in the 8th scale you would want a 2000kv / 1900kv. 2 to 4s in the SCT (depending on motor) 2s in the Mini Trug, 4s in a 8th scale.
If your finding something a bit older, used and cheaper, id check eBay and local FB market place or local RC groups on FB.
When I was on eBay, I found lots of losi SCTEs roller / sliders. I was searching up Teknos, there were alot less. Probably because they are worth it in the long run, and so durable.
If your wanting Teknos, which are race grade kits, Id check RCTech ( www.rctech.net ) my buddies always say to check there.
I already have the eb48.3 that I turned into a db48. It’s a shredder
I won’t buy losi ever again.
That 21.5T was for a rock crawler
There’s hardly any teknos on eBay that I’d like to have for the right price.
I actually have the perfect hobbywing combo for an sct but if the 2.0 can handle 1/8th power then…… go big “in moderation”
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Yea most 4wd SCT racers used 1/8 electronics before since most ran them on 1/8 dirt tracks. I seen people use 1/8 motor and esc's in the older 410.3 with no issues.

I’ve been watching the other thread on the 2.0, seems like it’s built like the eb48 as far as drivetrain goes.
Well I will consider this decision on the 2.0
Who else has built one? Point me to a build thread!

I'm in the same predicament with the wife.
So then you have to buy one right?
I saw you were trying to sell your .3? I have been looking at the few that were for sale on eBay but for the prices I’ll just go with a new kit. The eb48.3 I purchased from another Tekno forum member ended up getting a full on rebuild in the end. It had bent shock towers, most bearings were bad, the shocks needed rebuilding, and the diffs too.
the more I reply on this thread and see replies, the more I want that new truck. I'm gonna go watch those videos on it now.

I was just looking through an old build thread of mine.
If the sct410 2.0 is capable of doing what this thing does, oh baby I’m in.
IMG_4170.jpeg

I’ve been shopping for another chassis to rebuild or even a kit. I’m torn between a few choices though.
Do I want the Tekno ET410?
Do I want another eb48 to turn into an sct or monster sct?
Do I want the LC Racing ptg2r, or the LC10b5 and make it a rally car?
I'm not sure what other platforms to consider, as these would be my go to brands.

so many choices. This won’t be for racing, just backyard shenanigans on the home track. Nothing I have gets sent on massive jumps, I'm pretty good to my toys. I think I would really enjoy a 1/10 truggy but can’t find any used. I have a hobbywing max10SCT and 3660 3200kv motor that I will most likely borrow from another vehicle to begin with. I also have a Tekin 21.5T motor that could use a home and that might take some gearing and voltage trials to get the speed just right.
What’s for sale out there?
I got a ET410.2 kit sitting behind me. It's been in the same spot for months. I don't know what I'm waiting for, but I got it because the ET410 has been great. I guess I'm waiting for the right moment to put it together, and since the days are so short now (daylight) the build will probably get commenced shortly.

I've waited my entire RC hobby life for an RC like a mini truggy/4wd stadium truck. Yeah, there have been other 4x4 stadium truck platforms out there from Thunder Tiger, Helion, LRP, HPI, Losi, Ofna, DHK etc.,etc., but none made me excited like the ET410's layout did. The HoBao Hyper TT was close and was on my shopping cart many times.

Your track running practices sounds like mine. I don't send my RCs over Snake River Canyons, or houses. A rough/bumpy backyard track is my happy place after work. The ET410 is the most fun driving 1/10 scale RC that I ever had. The way it flies and handles was the reason I had to get the SCT410SL.

I wanted another SCT410SL so bad, and then Tekno puts out the 2.0... oh, the choices to be had.
So then you have to buy one right?
I saw you were trying to sell your .3? I have been looking at the few that were for sale on eBay but for the prices I’ll just go with a new kit. The eb48.3 I purchased from another Tekno forum member ended up getting a full on rebuild in the end. It had bent shock towers, most bearings were bad, the shocks needed rebuilding, and the diffs too.
the more I reply on this thread and see replies, the more I want that new truck. I'm gonna go watch those videos on it now.
The way it sits now....
IMG_20231023_084205511.jpg

🤪 🤣😁

Last edited:
It’s a nice and clean looking truck. You should probably just keep it. I imagine you would try to sell that to help fund your next purchase, that’s what I was attempting with a losi but it didn’t sell. I probably wanted too much for it, but to be fair it’s probably worth at least $100 more than what I was asking for it. I’ve decided to keep it and do something with it, like turn it into an oval car with a car body on it or something.
I have been considering getting that et410.2 kit as well But I think the sct might be more appealing at this moment.

Yes, J'sCrawler, I probably will keep my 410.3 as the three "buyers", who seemed serious enough, came back to me with lowball offers (even when I said I would not entertain offers :facepalm:). When the SCT410.3 came out, I think the MAP pricing was $429.99. Trying to sell a SCT410.3 at the last two year's "inventory reduction" $319.99 price is not good enough for some people 🤷‍♂️ :yawn:. Oh, well.

Yes, J'sCrawler, I probably will keep my 410.3 as the three "buyers", who seemed serious enough, came back to me with lowball offers (even when I said I would not entertain offers :facepalm:). When the SCT410.3 came out, I think the MAP pricing was $429.99. Trying to sell a SCT410.3 at the last two year's "inventory reduction" $319.99 price is not good enough for some people 🤷‍♂️ :yawn:. Oh, well.
I saw one on rctech for $280, just a rolling chassis but very clean and unscathed. I'm thinking about it.
I am really torn between the eb410.2 kit and the sct 2.0 kit right now.
I am planning on turning the losi 22s into a dirt oval car type thing.

Here’s what I want to do that will fit my budget Because honestly, a $500 kit isn’t really justifiable to me when it won’t ever see a racetrack, most likely anyway.
I want to find an eb48.4 roller, swap out the shock towers for the sct’s, add body posts, and an sct body. I did the same thing for my db48, the buggy shocks worked just fine. From there you could go monster sct on 2.8’s or just a mad bullet proof sct with big power capacity. It’s going to be a little wider though but I don’t follow rules anyway.
Isn’t it crazy when you spend an entire weekend consumed in thoughts of what rc you have to have next, and all the substitutions that will suffice?

Back