Bought a TC4 FT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't see that happening any time soon.

Yeah... you are probably right. What was I thinking? :ponder:

I should probably get Fast Eddy to build the batteries.

Tom

Oh, okay then. Just don't look so sad. :cheers: .

It is very sad...... the respect of the supreme being is something everyone dreams of having someday.

Tom

Any progress on your build Tom?

Actually I have just been able to sit down and start it. When I first ordered the car, I ordered all the Hopup parts with it. Well the car came in and the hopup parts filtered in slowly. The last part I was waiting for just came in Monday... the hardened diffs. So having to wait for parts slowed me down, and then my stepson got sick and was in and out of the emergency room and doctors office. Well now all that is behind me and I have been able to get everything laid out and in order. I should be able to start this weekend if all goes well. I have been chomping at the bit to get this project going. I will post pics and keep you updated. Thanks for asking my friend. I feel like such a slacker..... time just hasn't been on my side lately! LOL

Tom

Since you're being honest with us, we're willing to let you slide for a while. Any other major delays and you'll be added to the "FastEddy Chris Craft" file.:LoL:

Since you're being honest with us, we're willing to let you slide for a while. Any other major delays and you'll be added to the "FastEddy Chris Craft" file.:LoL:

Yeah, no doubt! LOL Now that is a short list I don't want to be on! :D

It was pretty scary for us with my stepson. He was a pretty sick 5 year old. He was down and out for a little over a week.

I figure it will take me about 6 or 7 hours to complete... of course that being stretched out over a week or so. I hope to have it done soon.

Tom

I for one, really felt for what you were going through. It's pretty scary when a little one gets that sick. We're ALL really glad to hear that everything went well and he's up and running again.:celebrate3:

I for one, really felt for what you were going through. It's pretty scary when a little one gets that sick. We're ALL really glad to hear that everything went well and he's up and running again.:celebrate3:

Thanks Rolex, I know it is a load off of my wife and I. We for one are thankful he is ok for sure.

Now that everything is "back to normal" whatever that is.... maybe I can get this TC4 up and running.

Tom

On the diffs, Compress the spring with a pair of pliers a few times before you install them. Tighten them up all the way when you build them and back the screw off 1/8th on the front and 1/4th on the rear. Check them again after 3-4 packs of running.

On the diffs, Compress the spring with a pair of pliers a few times before you install them. Tighten them up all the way when you build them and back the screw off 1/8th on the front and 1/4th on the rear. Check them again after 3-4 packs of running.

Thank you my friend I will do that.

This may be a dumb question, but when you convert the shocks to the newer VS2 style, is there a particular way that I should be building them? I mean other than put the parts on in order of course.... What parts does the VS2 kit replace, or upgrade? What is the main difference between the two styles? Thanks my friend.

Tom

Did you guys dremel out your battery cutouts on the chassis? They seem awful sharp and could ruin the batteries quick. Also... when you guys made your packs, did you put any extra shrink wrap on the batteries? Thanks

Tom

Its best to sand the edge off and seal them with CA.
Cit a strip of 300 grit or finer sand paper the width of the slot. Slide the paper through and so a "Shoe Shine. Not that much just enough to slightly round them so they dont cut the Batteries. Use a small brush and seal the sanded edges with CA to seal them off if you want to. If you dont have sand paper go steal an emery board from your wife.

If you are using anything greater in size then a 3600 battery you DO NOT want to use additional wrap on the bats. The newer larger cells are a tad bit larger then the older ones and wont fit if you wrap them.

Its best to sand the edge off and seal them with CA.
Cit a strip of 300 grit or finer sand paper the width of the slot. Slide the paper through and so a "Shoe Shine. Not that much just enough to slightly round them so they dont cut the Batteries. Use a small brush and seal the sanded edges with CA to seal them off if you want to. If you dont have sand paper go steal an emery board from your wife.

If you are using anything greater in size then a 3600 battery you DO NOT want to use additional wrap on the bats. The newer larger cells are a tad bit larger then the older ones and wont fit if you wrap them.

Thanks my friend. I thought that felt awful sharp. I will take a fine grit sandpaper to it.

Thanks for the info on the shrink wrap as well. Those 4200's are rather big.

Hey Ed, Do you cut your CA with anything, or do you just use the thin stuff?

Tom