Bored and tired of the heat.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first and like I mentioned above, I disabled the safe mode because I was having a tough time with the gps.

Carbon Cub S 2 1.3m BNF Basic with SAFE​

HBZ32500_A0_IEBDEEFI.jpg

Another great trainer is the Aeroscout 1.1!
Its a "pusher", which means the prop is not in the front. Much lesser chance of prop damage on bad landings/take-offs. It comes with flight stabilization, the RTR is only $200. Another cool thing about this model is that you could remove the landing gears and belly land on grass, and take off via hand launch. So, no need for a smooth, long runway. You could also get skis for landing gear, for flying during the winter.

The problem with small, is that you are very dependent on wind conditions. However, I started out with this micro, and I can tell you it works great and can take a beating! As a matter of fact, my original is still intact. It also comes with flight stabilization.

SONIKRC VOLANTEXRC Remote Control Airplane P51D 400mm 4CH 2.4G RC Model Plane Outdoor Toys for Kid Birthday Gift https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0856ZD1X...abc_GMHWSD0HGA9REVJWV1XY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
That's what I'm talking about. Thanks!

Yeah, nice landing! I wish I could fly a plane that good. I think I have problems when the plane gets far away and I can't tell which way is up. Even in this last vid there were times when I probably would have turned the wrong way.

Yeah, nice landing! I wish I could fly a plane that good. I think I have problems when the plane gets far away and I can't tell which way is up. Even in this last vid there were times when I probably would have turned the wrong way.
Visibility is one of the reasons why rc planes tends to be much, much bigger in size than cars. Also, large, bold stripes or even a different color differs from top and bottom will aid in this issue. After some adequate air time, your eyes should be able to pick up the slightest cues, to be able to recognize the orientation of your plane, even from a far distance. My eyes aren't great either.

Visibility is one of the reasons why rc planes tends to be much, much bigger in size than cars. Also, large, bold stripes or even a different color differs from top and bottom will aid in this issue. After some adequate air time, your eyes should be able to pick up the slightest cues, to be able to recognize the orientation of your plane, even from a far distance. My eyes aren't great either.
The trainer that put a plane up for me had a plane the was bright red on the bottom and bright yellow on top. It was the apex in the turns where it got me. Plus the fact that it was a gazillion feet in the are and looked like a speck didn't help lol.

Try flying scale looking military jets, (grey all over) on an overcast day! Sometimes visibility can really suck. When I lose orientation I give the wings a slight nudge (emphasis on slight) to see which way it goes.

Using a sim like the Realflight 9 is a big difference from the real rc plane but I assure you it helped me.
I mentioned before I wasn't smart enough to set up the gps on my plane for safe mode flying so I disabled it. My first flight was flawless and I learned from my simulator.
Keeping it up in the air on later flights was a different story... :D
This plane is my favorite on realflight, so easy to fly.

rfe_1_1_1_2.jpg

Using a sim like the Realflight 9 is a big difference from the real rc plane but I assure you it helped me.
I mentioned before I wasn't smart enough to set up the gps on my plane for safe mode flying so I disabled it. My first flight was flawless and I learned from my simulator.
Keeping it up in the air on later flights was a different story... :D
This plane is my favorite on realflight, so easy to fly.

View attachment 131399
So do you hook an actual TX up to use in this sim? My drone simulator does and I remember that was a major pain to get working right. I had to have a guy walk me through it on Discord, and he was a pro and still had trouble.

I run my Realflight directly through my laptop. The transmitter is usb. I can also use my Spektrum Dx6e if I want to. As far as making a video, I just put my phone on my car transmitter mount. Pretty low budget but I am far from a videographer.
I am going to use my digital camera on a tripod and hookup through my big screen next time. I'm sure it will be much cleaner videos.
My phone was pretty dirty too, you can see smudges on the video. My grandson loves playing with my phone.

I run my Realflight directly through my laptop. The transmitter is usb. I can also use my Spektrum Dx6e if I want to. As far as making a video, I just put my phone on my car transmitter mount. Pretty low budget but I am far from a videographer.
I am going to use my digital camera on a tripod and hookup through my big screen next time. I'm sure it will be much cleaner videos.
My phone was pretty dirty too, you can see smudges on the video. My grandson loves playing with my phone.
My kids tablet always looks like the last thing he ate 😆

@Tunedpipe we've got a hurricane bearing down on us right now, so I'm housebound and kinda bored. However, you've motivated me to reactivate the RF9 again.
I also went ghetto and just recorded with my cellphone. Just had the cellphone mounted on a tripod and placed in front of the laptop.
I don't think I did too awful for not having any practice in like 6mo. Only 1 crash and missed the runway, but safe landing nonetheless.

Just a kick in the arse isn't it?
I see you knocked a couple of bugs off the blades of grass lol.