Bored and tired of the heat.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Tunedpipe we've got a hurricane bearing down on us right now, so I'm housebound and kinda bored. However, you've motivated me to reactivate the RF9 again.
I also went ghetto and just recorded with my cellphone. Just had the cellphone mounted on a tripod and placed in front of the laptop.
I don't think I did too awful for not having any practice in like 6mo. Only 1 crash and missed the runway, but safe landing nonetheless.
That looks like a ton of fun. I need to get my DRL installed and record some drone sims. My son can actually fly them pretty good as well.

Ok, I finally got to play on my Realflight for about 45 minutes. It was pretty fun. I had forgotten how hard it is to fly a Harrier, taking off vertically isn't too hard but landing? Kabloowie! I should buy a newer version, mine is version 4.5. I couldn't figure out how so save a video as something I could use.

So I see it can be bought from Horizon with a TX. But I wonder how hard it is to set it up with a Taranis X9D.

My old version came with a Futaba transmitter that plugs into a usb port. I wonder if it's still compatible with the newer versions.

@WickedFog I would think so too, gonna have to go look it up. It has been years since I fired it up, have to admit it was pretty fun.
If you like that, you should look into DRL or Drone Racing League as well. I have wasted days away just flying around in that sim.

Back