BL2s slash or slash ultimate?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

BL2s slash or slash ultimate?

• BL2s

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Ultimate

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Indoor carpet racing, and for bashing, or should I just go straight to a losi or Tekno?
I think I should go straight to the Losi or Tekno, but.. there's that one portion of my mind saying otherwise.

We have a new shirt course guy coming to race, he is thinking about getting the new BL2s slash.

Whatever I go with, I will get or try to get it used, or find a roller and put in my own electrics.

Already saw a new BL2s roller for 240 on eBay. Seems like a nice deal.

The ultimate is going to be more durable, no question in my mind. The Slash Ultimate (Left) has more aluminum steering blocks & shocks. It also has adjustable camber (F/R), look at the upper link. These are plastic parts on the BL2 (Right) and no camber adjustment that I can see. Looks like a low end slash with colored plastic.
1694882627327.png
1694882663462.png

The only thing I've ever broken (Slash Ultimate) is the axle stub and they are exactly the same on all the models. They break wear they put a 1mm pin through a 3mm shaft. There isn't much material and it's a weak spot.

If you are going to race, check with the track to see what classes and modification are allowed. If you get the high end model it may not fit into any class.

Locally, they run 2wd Slash on 2S. So neither one would fly here because of the 4x4. However, they do have open practice and I can run what ever I want as long as it's 2S or less.
Update: I forgot to mention that it's mostly buggies where I'm at. But again check with your track.

Also I just noticed the BL-2S was a 3400KV motor on 2S. The Ultimate uses the Velineon 3500KV motor. It's not a huge difference but there are more RPM available in the Ultimate even on 2S.

If you want the better SCT, get the Ultimate. I there is some class that run the BL-2S, get that.

Last edited:
I’d have to say if you’re set on traxxas then go ultimate for sure. But if you’re primarily racing it, I’d go with the tekno. There’s a few of them that run at my track and they’re just a better chassis. Like a VXL bandit vs a B6.4.

Hold on wait a minute, Just remembered that the losi uses standard hex hardware, not metric. Well, Ill spend the money and get the tekno, or i can just buy another set of standard hex tools.

Hold on wait a minute, Just remembered that the losi uses standard hex hardware, not metric. Well, Ill spend the money and get the tekno, or i can just buy another set of standard hex tools.
I've been eyeing the tekno 4wd short course truck kit. the standard one just for something i can bash around and race. i am actually moving from my childhood home soon to up in corbett oregon or similar and i have plans to make a full blown racetrack with a drivers stand and all that cool stuff.
i think you should go for the tekno monstertruck kit. it might give you some varity ;)

Back