Best truck available at the minute?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions on what tyre+wheel set to go for?

Wants extra width and some extra height over the stock tires.

Any suggestions on what tyre+wheel set to go for?

Wants extra width and some extra height over the stock tires.
Remember though, with extra width and height, comes extra weight and strain on parts. Where do you plan on doing your running? If it'll be grass or dirt, I'd recommend a set of Badlands. I plan on getting a set for my LST, they're lighter than most MT tires and hook up really well.

Badlands have to much traction for me. even out at the gravel quarry i can't keep the front end of my kit down with badlands on it.

Just remember; you may only need a kit to fit a BB in a Revo, but you'll need a bit more to "run" a BB in a Revo. The Traxxas rigs are 1/10 scale and are built like 1/10 scale, you'll have to start building them to handle the power of a BB. If you grab a Savage or LST, they're already built to handle the power and are pretty solid out of the box.

Traxxas: Tons of aftermarket support, but they need it to be really good bashers (especially when stuffing a big engine in it)
Savage: Decent aftermarket support, good bashers out of the box, but they aren't known for their handling.
LST: Decent bashers, good handling, but the aftermarket support is lacking (may start coming back because of the XXL2)
I dont think you can just pick up an LST . I can;t find one anywhere. Everything I've seen is losi doesn't make the LST any more.

yeah the only thing Losi still makes is the XXL2 which is the gas version of the XXL which was the XL version of the LST2 which was the successor to the LST. LST2s and XXLs can only be found used these days unfortunately. They were great kits.

I hope the xxl2 is better than the Losi aftershock cause the Aftershock I am working on currently is a huge pile! I wanted an Lst or XXL truck until I started wrenching on this one geez. And Losi's part #'s are a PITA to figure out.

I've never had an aftershock but I do have an LST2 and a XXL and They are my favorite MTs. They need some hop ups to be super tough but thats true of all kits, except maybe a savage but even savages can need a couple things. :) I know the aftershock was a cheaper version of the LST2 so it may be crapier IDK. Couple of things I've read about the XXL2 kinda makes me worried about the quality of that kit. Its a gasser though so the power plant and the electronics are totally different so it may be a little hard to compare them.

Main complaint with the aftershock is Losi doesn't even have the correct part # for the dam oneway bearing. They put so many different types of starting systems on these trucks even the manufacturer can't get it right. I have ran into the problem that the 427 has a different back plate and oneway than the older .26 that was in the Aftershock LE, which is what I am working on. And your right every kit can need improvements no matter what.

:D

1z3o6jn.jpg
Nice! Reminds me of how mine sort of looked when I got it. Be forewarned, those wheels strip hex's pretty easily even though they are 17mm.