Basic Tamiya servo saver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuChu

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently building DT03 Racing Fighter. I read a lot and found opinions that basic white Tamiya servo saver is not good. I will use SRT 17kg Digital servo. In that case, I have two questions.

1. What is wrong with that part? I only found bad opinions, but no explanation. I am newbie and really do not see, what can be wrong with that three pieces of plastic.

2. How servo saver works? I do not undestand that. I understand theory but I do not understand mechanics. Something will break or what?

Is it worth to buy Tamiya high torque set? Most people said yes but I found also opinion that if I have endpoint settings in Radio, that upgrade is not neccessary.

I've always been using MG996r and MG995r servos, and they work good for me. They are cheap, are relatively fast and strong. I also use the flysky gt2 transmitter and receiver pack. I've never experienced any problems. Maybe this isn't your answer but I'm not familiar with tamiyas🤷🏻‍♂️🥲

the oem servo saver is weak . i have a bag of 100 hd ones with inserts to make it universal. There are others on the market i would look into

I have no experience with Tamiya kits so I dont have an answer to your question about the servo saver.

As for anyone else reading this thread, whatever you do, please do not waste your money on MG996 or MG995 servos. Those are hands down the cheapest junkiest servos I've ever used. Your better off buying some cheap JX (or similar) brand servos off of Amazon. Just my :2cents:

Last edited:
the servo saver has a spring on the inside that runs the inside area of saver ,It will take the sudden impact when we hit something in our driving. Servos will strip gears and then be useless.

the oem servo saver is weak . i have a bag of 100 hd ones with inserts to make it universal. There are others on the market i would look into
Dude, where did you get those? Sounds like something I can use.

purchased them from a closing hobby store. owner gave me 4 50 gallon garbage bags full of rc 10 gold chassis stuff. boxs of these red parts .A arm shock , trans covers sold entire bunch to some Alaskan resale hobby store.he was on ebay

Back