Unknown pinion gear, micro servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I fried the stock slash xl5 ESC so I just put in the rustler's old one in and found 1 out of 3 brushed motors that work and run good so I put that all in the slash until I get a brushless system for it. I had 3 pinion gear choices. 1 was the stock 16t. 2 is a 23t high speed pinion which came with the rustler. And 3 is a unknown one. I just had it in my parts bin and it looks bigger than the 23t one I have. Also here is a little story on how I fried the slash ESC. I wasn't watching what I was doing and poof esc done. I plugged the negative wire in the positive side on the SMC stick packs I have. So I learned my lesson. Now for the mini b. I got the mini b running with the new eco power servo. It is a little bit faster than the stock Spektrum servo. But the problem I am having is that it does not go full left or right. It did this with the stock servo too. I tried to adjust the steering trim and the servo horn and it still does the same thing. Another thing to note is I am using the stock controller with the recommended proboat receiver. So it might be my rx/tx? I am planning to get a new rx/tx soon for all of my cars. I am either going with the Radiolink rc4gs or the rc6gs. Trying to go on the more budget radios. I looked at the futaba 4pm and it basically has the same features as the radiolink ones but for almost 150 dollars more.

PXL_20221016_012520272.MP.jpg

PXL_20221016_141044383.MP.jpg

PXL_20221016_145023976.jpg

Oh come on bro, some of us never graduated the second grade, I stand proud to say that, after all, 2+3 =7

I really don't care what the unknown pinion is. I don't care if I burn up the motor cause I'll be upgrading to brushless anyways.

I got the mini b running with the new eco power servo. It is a little bit faster than the stock Spektrum servo. But the problem I am having is that it does not go full left or right. It did this with the stock servo too. I tried to adjust the steering trim and the servo horn and it still does the same thing. Another thing to note is I am using the stock controller with the recommended proboat receiver. So it might be my rx/tx?
Make sure its not the End Point Adjustment settings on the radio. Thats what it sounds like especially if more than one servo was doing the same thing.

I looked at the futaba 4pm and it basically has the same features as the radiolink ones but for almost 150 dollars more.
Your comparing apples to oranges here. Radiolink is a budget radio and the Futaba is not.

I really don't care what the unknown pinion is. I don't care if I burn up the motor cause I'll be upgrading to brushless anyways.
I think the point was you can simply count the teeth on the pinion and then you'll know what the pinion is.