Tamiya DT03 servo saver issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuChu

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi,

Well, next day, next issue.

I dry fitted SRT servo with Tamiya High Torque Servo Saver and... it hits chasis on one side. To be more precise, nut which holds ball joint hits bottom part. It is not big deal, because it is like last 0.5 mm of arm movement.

Problem is that I have to use nut. I checked Aqroshot and it is solved differently than in my kit. Ball joint is hold by screw, so there is no collision, because screw head is much smaller.

It hits only one side, because servo saver is not ideally straight on servo.

I found solutions, but I do not know which will be the best from practical point of view.

Servo is attached to Hop Up aluminium part.

Mechanical:

1. I can remove 1.5 mm shims between servo and servo mount. Probably it will be enough to have enough space. Is this ok or I missed something and those shims are neccessary?

2. Use low profile nut, but it is only 0.6 mm lower, so I am not sure if it will help.

Electronic:

1. Endpoint set to 95% solves issue. Probably I will set to 90%, to be sure that under load saver will not hit chasis.

Downside is that I will loose that last 10% of steering range..

What is your opinion?

I would do whatever it takes to get full range of servo movement, without pics it's hard to envision your issue.

Also consider a single build thread on your experience so that others can reference key issues and resolution to your car rather than scattering a bunch of chain posted threads.

Back