Axial Scx6 Honcho

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

You spent how much!?!?
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
What’s up guys!!

I know I know. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on here. LIFE can carry you in so many directions sometimes. But I have still been having fun with my RC’s and trying to get my YouTube channel off tge ground. That in its self is tough.

So a couple months ago I picked up a SCX6 Honcho. Man this thing is complete BEAST MODE!

Early upgrades include Proline Hyrax tires and a NSDRC 2500 v2 Servo. I have also put skid plates under it and 3D printed some parts. Some off Thingiverse and some I designed and printed. Like the fog light and tail light lens. Since day one that has bothered me. They got to that detail of the truck and called it a day I guess. I also designed a rack to mount to the trucks bed to hold 2 rotopaks.

A few more details added include old school Toyota color rally stripes to the front fenders. And a Toyota devil horned badge for the grille.

Crappy pictures to follow. Some pictures have my red aluminum bead locks and Super Swamper tires from my other SCX6 Jeep. Wanted to try different set ups.

Enjoy guys!

4505E9A1-F1F2-4AE4-B4C6-567C4E60FBD7.jpeg

F331DAED-0236-41AC-ACB3-56684CF619CD.jpeg

D2E4B1A3-1392-4B56-BB72-E88AA851392C.jpeg

40FA5D2A-5BEA-4F0A-B3F2-2BA645D7F430.jpeg

0C158956-1EA4-43C2-88CF-26166539A9EB.jpeg

F8808D72-8866-4204-AB97-6B6706B50170.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg

821D55E3-1EF8-4F56-BAE9-9566D91D33DF.jpeg

Thank you for shaming me with how awesome this rig can be, now maybe I'll get off my butt and work on mine. :p
I am so envious of your crawling spot. But not your photography skills, I keep forgetting how lousy your photos are, 🤣🤣🤣

Great looking rig.
I appreciate that. 👍🏼👍🏼
Welcome back!

Looking forward to see how this rig will evolve!
I appreciate it!! You can thank @Doom! for my return. I love torturing him with my crappy pictures! 🤣😂

I’m really contemplating putting rear steering on this thing. I already have a few components to do it. Just lacking a few things. 🤔🤔
Thank you for shaming me with how awesome this rig can be, now maybe I'll get off my butt and work on mine. :p
I am so envious of your crawling spot. But not your photography skills, I keep forgetting how lousy your photos are, 🤣🤣🤣
Seeee @Xraycer!!! He loves it!!

Doom! You definitely need to get to working on it. Your truly missing out on all the fun!

Last edited:
OMG! Four wheel steering would be insane on the Honcho! 😍
I 3D printed the SOA mount for the SCX6. And I already have another front axle from when I swapped out the axles for aluminum ones on the Jeep. I just need bearings, drive shafts, steering links and a bigger servo. I think it will be pretty dang slick when kits done!

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1472.jpeg

Great looking rig. TSLs just look so right on trail rigs.
Thanks man! I tell you what those tires were pretty impressive. Although I do like the Hyrax ones as well. I wasn’t thrilled with the original tires. Needless to say they didn’t stay on long.

Thanks man! I tell you what those tires were pretty impressive. Although I do like the Hyrax ones as well. I wasn’t thrilled with the original tires. Needless to say they didn’t stay on long.
Around here, you need more than one set of tires. Pit Bull Rock Beasts obviously for rock, TSLs for an all-around trail tire, and cut boggers for bashing/all out traction or snow. But, the TSLs do okay at just about everything, and I love the look and size of them on the Wraith, so that's what it wears usually.

@Flames77 I would kill to have a playground like that! some awesome vid. Your making it look easy. :) What foams are you running?
See why I went from Arrma to Axial!! I have my own playground for the crawlers!!

I’m running the Steady foam inserts. I really want to try the 3Brothers anti-foams. But haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

I was curious because I'm still running stock, and you seemed to have really good traction on several different surfaces. As for your playground, I'm pretty sure I hate you now! :p
See why I went from Arrma to Axial!! I have my own playground for the crawlers!!

I’m running the Steady foam inserts. I really want to try the 3Brothers anti-foams. But haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

I will probably do it this weekend, it's been to hot after work to get myself motivated. I'll share some pics when I get them in. :thumbs-up:
Sweet! Yeah I have heard it’s been blazing in Texas as well. We have had storm after storm, and a lil bit of flooding. Not as bad as Kentucky though.

Have a great Friday and weekend!! Stay cool brother!

What’s up guys!!

I know I know. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on here. LIFE can carry you in so many directions sometimes. But I have still been having fun with my RC’s and trying to get my YouTube channel off tge ground. That in its self is tough.

So a couple months ago I picked up a SCX6 Honcho. Man this thing is complete BEAST MODE!

Early upgrades include Proline Hyrax tires and a NSDRC 2500 v2 Servo. I have also put skid plates under it and 3D printed some parts. Some off Thingiverse and some I designed and printed. Like the fog light and tail light lens. Since day one that has bothered me. They got to that detail of the truck and called it a day I guess. I also designed a rack to mount to the trucks bed to hold 2 rotopaks.

A few more details added include old school Toyota color rally stripes to the front fenders. And a Toyota devil horned badge for the grille.

Crappy pictures to follow. Some pictures have my red aluminum bead locks and Super Swamper tires from my other SCX6 Jeep. Wanted to try different set ups.

Enjoy guys!

View attachment 168843

View attachment 168844

View attachment 168845

View attachment 168846

View attachment 168847

View attachment 168848

View attachment 168849

View attachment 168850

View attachment 168851
Looks real nice. Great details on that rig. Love the license plate. 💪

What’s up guys!!

Enjoy guys!

View attachment 168843

View attachment 168844

View attachment 168845

View attachment 168846

View attachment 168847

View attachment 168848

View attachment 168849

View attachment 168850

View attachment 168851
Haha, I am already subbed to your YT channel. Small world!

Back