Any mods I should do to an SCX24 Deadbolt and C10?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't take it like that at all, Bro!

What you posted was funny!

Didn't realized then, but I'm grateful on the way I grew up. I am so, so appreciative of what I have today! 😀
Oh ok cool..👍👍 I felt bad last night. 100% agree with you on the appreciation of what I have and what I can do.. It definitely help mold me into who I am today. Dad always said you want something work for it. Don't expect someone to give it to you. Never rely on anyone but your self..Unlike, we will just say some kids these days with everything bringing handed to them or done for them. It's sad they will never know the feeling of acompliment. Or the meaning of hard work pays off.. 👍👍

@Pat_ranch @WickedFog

When you use the Furitek esc, the stock esc/receiver just essentially becomes a receiver, correct?
I was thinking going either Furitek Lizard or Tegu, and using a Flysky receiver instead so I can use my GT3 tx.
I just put in a radiolink micro rx and started using my rc6gs. Throttle curves matter 😉

Put in a different motor my failed about after a month and throttle didn't work at all.

Put in a different motor my failed about after a month and throttle didn't work at all.
Your wheels were probably too tight. When they are overtightened, the bearings bind and adds extra load to the motor. To test to see if they are too tight, blow on them, if they move, they’re good, if they don’t, loosen them.

I just got a Deadbolt and my brother got a C10. I taped a penny to the front diff cover to bring the weight down. Any other mods that are cheap or easy to do? I do have a 3D printer if that helps.
I also received an scx 24 for Christmas, the motor went out so I bought a 66T motor some aluminium links treal hub extensions telescoping hot racing shocks samix bead locks and some power hobbies tires this is what it looks like know!

Attachments

• IMG_20220109_144103.jpg
    IMG_20220109_144103.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
I also received an scx 24 for Christmas, the motor went out so I bought a 66T motor some aluminium links treal hub extensions telescoping hot racing shocks samix bead locks and some power hobbies tires this is what it looks like know!
My stock motor is still going strong, that was an old photo I posted. I now have brass wheel weights and brass diff covers. A possible reason your motor burned out is because the wheels could’ve been too tight and caused the bearings to bind, a way to solve that is to make sure you can turn the wheel by blowing on it. I just can’t justify spending Treal prices on such a small RC. I need to upgrade the tires and/or wheels eventually.

I just can’t justify spending Treal prices on such a small RC. I need to upgrade the tires and/or wheels eventually.
I used to think this too, then when I realized how much time I was spending driving it and how much fun I was having doing it, I realized the error of my ways. ;)

I used to think this too, then when I realized how much time I was spending driving it and how much fun I was having doing it, I realized the error of my ways. ;)
I haven’t been driving it that much due to the amount of snow outside and a lack of things to make obstacles with inside.

@pug Just gotta get creative with your indoor obstacles. Cut up old boxes, etc. When you can't go out and play is when these guys shine! :)
yeah while my scx 24 was still alive I made an obstacle course with cardboard stuff that was laying around my workshop

I don’t want to ruin the electronics as the esc/rx isn’t really waterproof.
As long as you don't submerge it, it should be fine. These things don't drive fast enough to splash a heavy amount of water under the hood either.
I drive in the snow and over wet ground all the time.
1219211327a.jpg
1209211626a.jpg
0110221301.jpg
1209211607.jpg

My stock motor is still going strong, that was an old photo I posted. I now have brass wheel weights and brass diff covers. A possible reason your motor burned out is because the wheels could’ve been too tight and caused the bearings to bind, a way to solve that is to make sure you can turn the wheel by blowing on it. I just can’t justify spending Treal prices on such a small RC. I need to upgrade the tires and/or wheels eventually.
I checked the motor and it had just gotten to hot.

I’m just super careful with my electronics, I constantly monitor the temperature.
Yea me to but just couldn't save it

Back