Any mods I should do to an SCX24 Deadbolt and C10?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I just got a Deadbolt and my brother got a C10. I taped a penny to the front diff cover to bring the weight down. Any other mods that are cheap or easy to do? I do have a 3D printer if that helps.

I just got a Deadbolt and my brother got a C10. I taped a penny to the front diff cover to bring the weight down. Any other mods that are cheap or easy to do? I do have a 3D printer if that helps.
Merry Christmas bud to you and the family. Got to watch out with that penny might be to much weight for the 24. 😉🤣🤣.

Merry Christmas bud to you and the family. Got to watch out with that penny might be to much weight for the 24. 😉🤣🤣.
Thanks, and Merry Christmas! I put the penny on for until I get actual brass diff covers.
CC4595F9-8734-466F-8812-BAD751B95C4B.jpeg
The lights are blinding! I am going to purchase a charging adapter as soon as Christmas ends. I am currently using the junk usb charger, they in a LiPo bag charging the LiPos right now.

Go look at @Pat_ranch , @Doom! ,or @WickedFog . All those guys are deep in the whole with the 24's. There's plenty of upgrades flip your shock , mud stingers tires. 7mm wheel hub extion or treal 5mm. All brass down low. There's a ton of things you can do.
Thanks, and Merry Christmas! I put the penny on for until I get actual brass diff covers.View attachment 139552The lights are blinding! I am going to purchase a charging adapter as soon as Christmas ends. I am currently using the junk usb charger, they in a LiPo bag charging the LiPos right now.
Yea definitely not a good charger.
There's a battery placement mod that will lower the lipo give you better LCG
Go on thingiverse there's tins to print out for the little guys. I'm getting a link for you from wicked.hold on
Ok bud here you go check these sites out...

https://harleydesigns.com/blog/tag/scx24+accessories

Moforc.com,

littleguyracingparts.com,

https://bowhouserc.com/low-cg-conversion-kit-for-axial-scx24/

Last edited:
Congrats on your SCX24!

For a temporary no budget mod, the penny to the front diff is a clever idea! Staying in the same frame of mind, you could apply the same idea and attach quarters to the front wheels and maybe even the servo.

Congrats on your SCX24!

For a temporary no budget mod, the penny to the front diff is a clever idea! Staying in the same frame of mind, you could apply the same idea and attach quarters to the front wheels and maybe even the servo.
Hold on buddy that mod might be out of budget...🤣🤣🤣

Hold on buddy that mod might be out of budget...🤣🤣🤣
Hey, Man, I grew up with very little money, so toys I really wanted were a super rare commodity. So, I fully get that young @pug is doing what he has to do to get 'er done. I actually quite admire that resourceness! Builds good, if not great, character!

I just got a ton of Amazon gift cards and money, I even got a gift card to my LHS! It seems like this SCX24 won’t be stock for much longer.

Free mods you can do now-ish:
Flip shocks and relocate to chassis rails
20211225_134451.jpg

And pull the springs from the front shocks
20211225_134504.jpg

If you're running enough weight down low, you won't need to do the battery relocate, but since you're not running brass yet, try something like this-

He goes kinda deep on his strap, but you'll get the general idea

I just got a ton of Amazon gift cards and money, I even got a gift card to my LHS! It seems like this SCX24 won’t be stock for much longer.
Score!

First investments should be tires and metal wheels. I highly recommend RC4WD products! The pressed steel wheels will run around $30 and as a bonus adds quite a bit of weight. All the tires are super grippy, just need to get the right size. I run very tall tires on both my Deadbolts, but I also run extensions. Also, the extensions makes for a wider, more stable rig.
I don't use the included RC4WD foams in any of my SCX24s. The advantage of no-foam is better climbing, but the disadvantage comes when sidehilling.

Score!

First investments should be tires and metal wheels. I highly recommend RC4WD products! The pressed steel wheels will run around $30 and as a bonus adds quite a bit of weight. All the tires are super grippy, just need to get the right size. I run very tall tires on both my Deadbolts, but I also run extensions. Also, the extensions makes for a wider, more stable rig.
I don't use the included RC4WD foams in any of my SCX24s. The advantage of no-foam is better climbing, but the disadvantage comes when sidehilling.
Do I also need a better servo with the steel wheels?

Do I also need a better servo with the steel wheels?
I'm still running my stock servos on all 4 of my SCX24s. They're all running at least steel wheels. Some are getting quite heavy from all the added brass and extras. I'm just going too run 'em until they go. So, the answer is, no.

I'm still running my stock servos on all 4 of my SCX24s. They're all running at least steel wheels. Some are getting quite heavy from all the added brass and extras. I'm just going too run 'em until they go. So, the answer is, no.
Do you have the C10? If so, what LiPos do you run in it, I need some LiPos for my brother’s C10.

I'd order a couple emax's cheaply (on a slow boat) for the inevitable. It's nice to have spares
Is a different servo mounting bracket required with the Emax?
Do you have the C10? If so, what LiPos do you run in it, I need some LiPos for my brother’s C10.
I have 2 Deadbolts, the green C10, and the yellow Jeep. They are all running the included stock batteries. Any micro batteries should work. The flat shape of the stock batteries helps in keeping a lcg.

Hey, Man, I grew up with very little money, so toys I really wanted were a super rare commodity. So, I fully get that young @pug is doing what he has to do to get 'er done. I actually quite admire that resourceness! Builds good, if not great, character!
Oh sorry if you misunderstood me. I didn't mean any disrespect to pug. I grew up in the geto. 5 people dad , mom, brother , sister and my self in a 1 bedroom apartment. I know the struggle all to well. That's why I work my butt off these days to give my kid what idiot have growing up.

I love the penny on the diff cover idea. That's genius.. I'm impressed with pug. Being young and is able to think out of the box to make it happen. I was completely joking about the quarter being out of budget. Because usually when mods or upgrades are the topic..its usually asked about budget first to try and stay within that range.. personally would have never thought of that. It's brilliant. So I'm sorry if anyone thought I was being Mean or disrespectful or demeaning... That was not my intention SORRY

Is a different servo mounting bracket required with the Emax?

I have 2 Deadbolts, the green C10, and the yellow Jeep. They are all running the included stock batteries. Any micro batteries should work. The flat shape of the stock batteries helps in keeping a lcg.
They're a tight fit, but you can make them fit with a little razor knife love. Might need to use longer screws, but once you start messing around with moving shocks, battery trays, etc, you'll notice that you have some extra screws 😉
20211225_154256.jpg

These little pink servos work great, too. I stole this one from @ABabyEater , so I don't remember what it is...
20211225_154350.jpg

20211225_154233.jpg

Back