Another new to me used rig

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Well I done and did it this time. Although the wife was the one who pulled the trigger on this one. Found it on ebay and it's a fully loaded 3906 e-maxx first gen. Well over a grand was invested in this truck and the wife made a deal with me. I sold a few of my unused rcs and raised the money for it. I'm excited to get this in my greedy paws
Screenshot_20220308-143144_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20220308-143152_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20220308-143202_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20220308-143209_eBay.jpg

Comes with everything including a futaba 3pv system and a pair of new 2s 4000mah batteries. I feel like I stole this truck and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it

Congrats. You may want to look at a spare chassis and any parts not shared with a tmaxx.

Congrats. You may want to look at a spare chassis and any parts not shared with a tmaxx.
A chassis is all that is different. And maybe the transmission gears but they are identical in every other way. It also came with the original parts that were replaced when the guy built it. Plus I did get a converted tmaxx about a week ago so I have that for parts as well.
Screenshot_20220308-145127_eBay.jpg

Sounds like your on top of it.

You got a phone thats packing heat? 🤣😁😁

Got the e-maxx today. Been a busy day of waiting and finally getting to run it. Finally settling in for the night open the bag of parts that was included and what do my little eyes spy?????? Brand new parts and the ones that were replaced. Took inventory of said parts with quick pricing of what hasn't been used yet and there was enough value just in parts to equal what I paid for everything. I should be excited however I actually feel bad like I ripped this guy off. I know he knew what he spent but I never expected the 23mm hex adapters or the brand new revo axles
20220314_205539.jpg
20220314_205534.jpg

Maybe I can convince @wito print some custom wheels for it 🤣
@WickedFog stupid fat fingers
I could do that. But I am not sure how well they would hold up on a beast like that. I have only used my 3d printed wheels on smaller scale stuff and rock crawlers. I have always assumed on a basher they wouldn't survive the abuse. I could however design them as accordingly 🤔

I think they may need to be a little more rugged however it seems to be slower than expected. Barely does a wheelie but handles well and with the upgraded servo it really carves corners.

Good thing I got a spare sitting here waiting for it. I'm definitely going to tear the truck apart and go through it to see how beaten it really is

Some nice hard to find bodies there. 🖒🖒

Back