ABADK9420's XR10 SNG HC COMP CRAWLER

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more changes

Well over the last couple of weeks I have been making a few changes.

Started with lowering and moving the electronics all forward, then I added a VP Servo Armor servo guard that I had to modify a little to work with the type of servo horn that I have, I also changed my front and rear lower links to Delrin, machined up front and custom bent 3/8" Delrin rod in the rear, Here is a few pics of the changes, Which also helped to get my ride height down to just over 3". I also have a set of EEM SNG HC Delrin chassis plates on there way.

DSCF1426Small.jpg

DSCF1427Small.jpg

DSCF1421Small.jpg

DSCF1424Small.jpg

DSCF1420Small.jpg

DSCF1430Small.jpg

Looking good curtis, where did you pick that steering arm up? I will need one now that I have incision knucks

Got my Delrin SNG HC Chassis plates in the mail today, so I will post pics later after I replace the transfer gear that I broke last night at a little local comp.

As promised some updated pics with the new Delrin chassis, I also made another electronics tray out of 1/16" thick lexan and cleaned up the wiring a little.

DSCF1467Small.jpg

DSCF1463Small.jpg

DSCF1469Small.jpg

DSCF1472Small.jpg

DSCF1468Small.jpg

DSCF1465Small.jpg

Looking good bro....

Some pics from my comp on Saturday enjoy and let me know what you think.

The Dam and lake
DSCF1474Small.jpg

My Rig doin work
DSCF1476Small.jpg

DSCF1480Small.jpg

DSCF1483Small.jpg

DSCF1484Small.jpg

DSCF1541Small.jpg

Some sexy rocks. Nice pics.

Some sexy rocks. Nice pics.

Yes they are, LOL!!! I was playing around with the dig after the comp and doing some side hill stuff and in front only the chassis would just suck right down to the rock. I could just wiggle the front tires and drag the rears across some pretty steep angles.:D

Oh man she is beautiful, wish I had mine himed in so I could run it, I can't freaking wait...

Oh man she is beautiful, wish I had mine himed in so I could run it, I can't freaking wait...

What's the hold up, I thought you had all ur goodies and were good to go.

Here is a few more pics of some of the other rigs at the comp for you all to check out.

DSCF1503Small.jpg

DSCF1516Small.jpg

DSCF1549Small.jpg

DSCF1559Small.jpg

DSCF1566Small.jpg

DSCF1570Small.jpg

DSCF1572Small.jpg

DSCF1595Small.jpg

DSCF1601Small.jpg

DSCF1608Small.jpg

DSCF1620Small.jpg

DSCF1623Small.jpg

DSCF1627Small.jpg

DSCF1638Small.jpg

Nice pics thanks for sharing indeed!

I need to fab a steering rod, pick up a half dozen deans plugs and re-calibrate my fxrs in hopes thats my timing issue with my rig. Oh and I just found out by posting my build on RCC that I have my chassis plates on backwards so now I have to flip them around... Hopefully Saturday I will have some pics on the rocks lol

A couple new things, !st I tried my hand at making some lower links out of 3/8" Delrin plate, and 2nd I got my new RC4WD hardened machined gear set for my front and rear axles, it even comes with a new hardened pinion gear. Here is a couple pics of the new goodies, I have not got the gears installed yet, but they will be going soon enough.

Lower link I made out of plate vs. the one I made out of delrin rod.
DSCF1718Small.jpg

DSCF1721Small.jpg

DSCF1719Small.jpg

New gears
DSCF1717Small.jpg

DSCF1705Small.jpg

DSCF1708Small.jpg

DSCF1706Small.jpg

DSCF1716Small.jpg

Added a VP rear upper link mount and straight links to the rear

yhst-19614592112113_2153_23012534

Lookin sexy indeed Curtis nicely done, can't wait to get mine up hopefully by next saturday when I get my ti steering rod on from cc

Looking good. I made some outta plate too using a scroll saw. Were working on some middle/side bends at the moment but yours are nice and have more clearance than they will...only problem I had with mine I made like yours is that they would flex noticeably for some reason....

Looking good. I made some outta plate too using a scroll saw. Were working on some middle/side bends at the moment but yours are nice and have more clearance than they will...only problem I had with mine I made like yours is that they would flex noticeably for some reason....

What thickness of plate were you using, I made mine out of 3/8" Delrin plate and I can barely get them to flex at all, I sent Joe some drawing and photos of the ones my buddy and I made for the rear which were just a little different then the first set I made, as well as some for the front that I made, using 3/8" plate as well, hoping he can make some that are machined, that would look much cleaner.

Also went to a local comp today and tried out the new set up in the rear and it climbs the vertical stuff much better now.

Back