ABADK9420's XR10 SNG HC COMP CRAWLER

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What am I seeing in the back ground? Is there a window there and the trees outside and thats a reflection of a guy standing there with a notebook or what?

Thanks for sharing the pics, you measure your clearance yet? Looks a bit hight still but maybe not.

DSCF1245Small.jpg

What am I seeing in the back ground? Is there a window there and the trees outside and thats a reflection of a guy standing there with a notebook or what?

Thanks for sharing the pics, you measure your clearance yet? Looks a bit hight still but maybe not.
DSCF1245Small.jpg

That would be a tree inside of the indoor crawler course with a judge holding the clip board with my score card on it. I think I am at about 3.5" at the front of the skid now, 12.25" long and 12.5" long compressed. I had to stiffin up the suspension a bit because it was kinda flailing around at first.

Last edited:
Damn she is sexy, somethin up with your cam? Seems to be a whitish aura in the middle of all ur pics, hmm wierd, GHOSTS AHHHHHHH!!!!

3.5 is pretty good, I'm at 3.25 and prefer it there or even a bit less for all the side hilling we do in our comps. Looks good man, a little tweaking is expected, thats why its for a pro ;)

3.5 is pretty good, I'm at 3.25 and prefer it there or even a bit less for all the side hilling we do in our comps. Looks good man, a little tweaking is expected, thats why its for a pro ;)

Thanks Lloyd means a lot coming from the Crawler Guru, LOL!!!!!:hehe: I got some 40w oil and new shock cartridges coming to rebuild my shocks and I think that will help too. :D

VP motor mount plates

Picked up my VP Motor mount plates today from VP.:D

DSCF1278Small.jpg

DSCF1281Small.jpg

Nice, should work great.

Your tempting me to get one right now....

Your tempting me to get one right now....

A few more pics to tease you with, LOL!!!

Installed the VP Motor plates and flipped the servo over to help keep the servo arm more out of the way.

VP vs. Stock Axial Motor Plate

VP on the left, Stock Axial on the right
DSCF1288Small.jpg

DSCF1306Small.jpg

DSCF1307Small.jpg

DSCF1309Small.jpg

DSCF1282Small.jpg

DSCF1311Small.jpg

DSCF1312Small.jpg

DSCF1313Small.jpg

DSCF1314Small.jpg

DSCF1284Small.jpg

DSCF1286Small.jpg

Rowdy Racing XR10 front axle battery mount

I ordered one of there yesterday, very clean design IMO. I ordered the topless version but it also comes in a front guard and covered version.

Topless
attachment.php

Front Guard
attachment.php

Covered
attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool. Id rather save the coin and make something original personally :D which you could have done too.

Cool. Id rather save the coin and make something original personally :D which you could have done too.

I have one that is made of plastic right now, but I really don't have the tools to make one as clean as his and we are in the process of moving to are new place so most of my stuff is packed.

Got my new Chaotic Crawlers steering tie rod made from solid grade 5 3/16" titanium rod, and also my Rowdy Racing aluminum front axle battery mount in the mail today, installed them as well, I also went with my buddy Elio's idea and made some motor guards out of 35mm film canisters that I happen to find while packing for are move this weekend. I will post pics of all of it when Photo bucket stops being a doosh.

Chaotic Crawlers Straight Titanium steering tie rod and custom made motor guards.
DSCF1379Small.jpg

DSCF1380Small.jpg

Rowdy Racing Aluminum Topless front axle battery mount.
DSCF1382Small.jpg

DSCF1387Small.jpg

She looks good, that bta steering rod looks like she could get hung up, any problems?

She looks good, that bta steering rod looks like she could get hung up, any problems?

it's actually tucked up there pretty good and can some times help you to get off a rock by wiggling the steering, it also provides a zero slop steering set up.

Looks good. I prefer a bent steering link personally but those seem stay out of the way too.

Looks good. I prefer a bent steering link personally but those seem stay out of the way too.

They say for the clocked all the way back C position to run a straight link and a bent link if you run the C in the middle position, either way I don't see it really being a issue.

I have the straight one as well except in SS.

Back