1/6 scale Axial Honcho SCX6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better brush up on your dishwashing and toilet brushing skill as well
I'm on it!

cleaning up mr clean GIF by ADWEEK

I'm soooo glad I'm single... nobody to have to "approve" my purchases. BUT... that still doesn't get me this thing (which I want, bad).

I've already spent WAY too much money (using high interest credit) buying up a bunch of cars, so this will have to wait until... well, probably next Summer at the earliest. I just ordered a Wraith Spawn yesterday because a friend said it was discontinued and made a good crawler, so I grabbed one and a bunch of parts to build it. Affirm must freakin' LOVE me. Them and AMain. I'm a Platinum member there. I'm not sure if that's something I should be bragging about.

I need to talk myself out of this one, I really want it but that's a lot of breadcrumbs I could use elsewhere. I really want it though. I need to get more time to play with the rc's I have before I can toss that kind of money around.

I've tried all different angles to get this truck.... Horizon Hobby store wide 4x points, free extra set of tires, put it on the Cabela's card for cash back..... nothings working. hate to say it but I even told her I would sell off a few new in box kits to help cover costs. ..... she's not buying it. Could be a good thing though.... she would want one to too after driving mine 🤣

I generally buy first and ask questions later up to about $800. If its more than that I'll usually ask for her opinion, especially if were carrying a bit of a credit card balance. Something we dont typically do much unless we have to buy something really expensive and then we might run a balance until we get it paid off.

My wife and I don't feel it's necessary to ask for permission to buy anything. Luckily, we make a decent income and neither of us are really frivolous spenders.
Growing up with little money, I have a very hard time spending a lot of money on any one particular thing. I really toil with decisions before I pull the trigger on pricey material things.

Last edited:
My wife would just think I’m crazier than ever buying a 1100$ model and even worse being in public playing with it...

Back