New Toy!!! Arrma Mojave, Like New, $350

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as Jesse Ventura once said, Bunch of slack-jawed ******* around here. This stuff will make you a god dam*ed sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.. lolol

A stock exb can self right all day long without breaking. Out of the box haha.

You whinny little dudes are missin' out. And obviously scared with your RCs.

Why u gonna make me do this to you? haha!!!

It's cheap to make it 100% work forever. What's wrong with you. Lies and scared.
There is a reason ESC's have a brake then reverse setting, which is usually the default setting on RTR vehicles. It's to keep you from ripping the gears out of your RC. I am guessing you don't realize how powerful a brushless motor is, nor do you understand mechanical components and how detrimental thst power is to gears and driveshafts and such. Especially if running a heavy RC such as a Kraton 6s.

There is a reason ESC's have a brake then reverse setting, which is usually the default setting on RTR vehicles. It's to keep you from ripping the gears out of your RC. I am guessing you don't realize how powerful a brushless motor is, nor do you understand mechanical components and how detrimental thst power is to gears and driveshafts and such. Especially if running a heavy RC such as a Kraton 6s.
Another stupid statement. I know an insane amount about motors and gearing that's why mine is setup in a way that it can do what u apparently think is impossible all day long with 0 effect. Do you not read lol. All that statement does is prove you don't know!!

Wrong again dude!!!

It just gets old having children online that think they know best. He purposely asked a question to provoke a fight. Once I answered he went off about how stupid self righting is.

I do forums as I would IRL, I'd never go up to a stranger and tell them they are doing stupid stuff when they aren't. I also respond as I would IRL.

I responded accordingly doing absolutely nothing wrong here!!!!!!
Nevermind. You're an idiot.

Last edited:
For your information I am 53 years old, and have been building and modifying RC vehicles since 1983. I worked 10 years in woodworking and 25+ years in the machining industry, which by the way tends to turn everyone into mechanical engineers by way of experience dealing with various complicated mechanical problems. I tested in the 98th-99th percentile on every aptitude test I ever took, and was told by one instructor I outscored everyone in the entire county I lived in after he told me I was a smart ass. My aptitude test scores showed my mechanical skills were off the charts.

I started my machine learning skills at the age of 9 in my father's woodshop. I progressed through woodworking, working in a cabinet making shop where we made extremely high end kitchen cabinetry, curios, tables, etc. One bar we made cost over $60,000.

After about 10 years in woodworking I moved to metal machining in Aerospace shops mainly. This is one project of many that we made from scratch. Including the carbon fiber. We made it all.
View attachment 176226

I have made parts for the space station, Air Force One, numerous classified military projects, etc. The most expensive single part I ever made cost 1.6 million dollars. Do you think they would trust an idiot to put a tool to that?
View attachment 176232
View attachment 176233

I later spent 8 years working for a race shop where we made really complex parts for automotive research, Penske Racing, Hendricks Motorsports, John Force, and every other NASCAR and IndyCar team out there. Hendricks Motorsports requested me by name when sending ptototype parts to our shop to be made because they liked my parts better than their own machinists' parts.
View attachment 176234

Later, as a freelance engineer I reverse engineered the 1911 gun frame of the 18 year in a row world race gun champion by the name of Doug Koenig for the world leader in 1911 gunsmithing by the name of George Huening. George remained in contact with me after working with him in the racing industry because he respected my skillset.

So before you call someone a child, or a liar you better know damn well who you're f##king talking to moron.
Oh Lord here we go haha. Again this just gets dumber and dumber as I can self right all day with no issues and it's cheap to setup. Your credentials just make these statements look worse and worse.

I don't have to give my life story to back up my claim. But it's funny to me u needed to make urself creditable in your own eyes.

Do u not understand I'm on the defense hahaha. And you are the offense... Dying laughing rn.

What does any of It have to do with me having many RCs that can self right and not break?. Nothing...

Oh Lord here we go haha. Again this just gets dumber and dumber as I can self right all day with no issues and it's cheap to setup. Your credentials just make these statements look worse and worse.

I don't have to give my life story to back up my claim. But it's funny to me u needed to make urself creditable in your own eyes.

Do u not understand I'm on the defense hahaha. And you are the offense... Dying laughing rn.

What does any of It have to do with me having many RCs that can self right and not break?. Nothing...
Nearly everyone on this forum gets along with everyone else just fine. Disagreements happen quite often. But people don't resort to name calling or acting childish. There fortunately is a block feature on this forum to block morons like you who don't know how to act like an adult. Go away loser.

Nearly everyone on this forum gets along with everyone else just fine. Disagreements happen quite often. But people don't resort to name calling or acting childish. There fortunately is a block feature on this forum to block morons like you who don't know how to act like an adult. Go away loser.
That's a defensive move, odd for someone who originally went on the offense. I'll stick to not flipping sides.

The whole thing started with someone saying what I did was stupid and you joined in to team up haha. Dooooo youuu nottt read!!!

Freaking forums man. Laughable.

The only person being dumb in this thread is you. you're all butt hurt and for what? Because someone had a difference in opinion? JT was only asking questions and making comments. Nothing he said was hostile or argumentative he just shared his opinion based on his experience. You dont agree and instead of agreeing to disagree you are the one that copped an attitude and came back wanting to fight.

Stoner, Wicked, and myself have been in the hobby many many many decades combined and all 3 of us believe the self righting feature is crap and is more likely to cause damage to the drivetrain. If you dont agree thats fine but dont act like your some sort of heathen that doesn't know how to have a civil conversation. Theres an a$$hat in every forum and I suspect that if you look around you wont see him...

The only person being dumb in this thread is you. you're all butt hurt and for what? Because someone had a difference in opinion? JT was only asking questions and making comments. Nothing he said was hostile or argumentative he just shared his opinion based on his experience. You dont agree and instead of agreeing to disagree you are the one that copped an attitude and came back wanting to fight.

Stoner, Wicked, and myself have been in the hobby many many many decades combined and all 3 of us believe the self righting feature is crap and is more likely to cause damage to the drivetrain. If you dont agree thats fine but dont act like your some sort of heathen that doesn't know how to have a civil conversation. Theres an a$$hat in every forum and I suspect that if you look around you wont see him...
I say what I'd have said IRL. Why u gotta come in and whine to. Don't u have some batteries to test or some crap.

Also sorry bud I'm right and you happen to be wrong as well.

Y'all are the ones that read. "He self rights RCs" and popped a gasket. Lmao!!!

You gotta admit it's all kinda comical at this point. Why on earth would I not react to someone saying something should never have existed, when it does exist and works perfectly fine all the live long day.

Last edited:
I say what I'd have said IRL. Why u gotta come in and whine to. Don't u have some batteries to test or some crap.

Also sorry bud I'm right and you happen to be wrong as well.

Y'all are the ones that read. "He self rights RCs" and popped a gasket. Lmao!!!
Only person I hear whining is you. If you want to do foolish things with your RCs then by all means, but dont come in here trash talking people just because you disagree with them. Go beat your chest and stomp your feet somewhere else. Maybe tone down the hormone treatments.

Its one thing to disregard advice because you dont care but only an idiot is convinced that hes right when 3 different veterans of the hobby are telling you otherwise. I mean holy crap WickedFog has been RC longer than youve been an adult judging from your profile pic. I mean its common sense that self righting is hard on gears FFS but yeah, we're the idiots... 🙄

Last edited:
Only person I hear whining is you. If you want to do foolish things with your RCs then by all means, but dont come in here trash talking people just because you disagree with them. Go beat your chest and stomp your feet somewhere else. Maybe tone down the steroid treatments.

Its one thing to disregard advice because you dont care but only an idiot is convinced that hes right when 3 different veterans of the hobby are telling you otherwise. I mean holy crap WickedFog has been RC longer than youve been an adult judging from your profile pic. I mean its common sense that self righting is hard on gears FFS but yeah, were the idiots... 🙄
Oh nooo haha. Veteran ehhh... So u do All things are RC Of course you don't. Because some of them are too hard for you like heli's.

I never said it's not hard on stock gears, Jesus do u all read. It can be setup to where it's not hard on gears. And screw u dude I've been doing RC since I was 5 and I'm 43. Hopefully ur counting is better then your reading.

Do you fly Jets? Helis? Drones? Seems to me I have more experience if we are laying out the experience card.

I am also an engineer at a fortune 500 company. Who cares what someone's credentials are, I can prove my gearing set up. Credentials doesn't mean u have a clue how to make gears not break so easily as shown over and over here!!!

Oh nooo haha. Veteran ehhh... So u do All things are RC Of course you don't. Because some of them are too hard for you like heli's.
What does that have to do with what were talking about which are ground kits? So apparently you seem to think because a person doesn't do air based RCs then they can't be knowledgeable about ground kits. That an asinine statement to make especially for a supposedly educated person. Seems more like your an engineers helper rather than an engineer.

I never said it's not hard on stock gears, Jesus do u all read. It can be setup to where it's not hard on gears. And screw u dude I've been doing RC since I was 5 and I'm 43. Hopefully ur counting is better then your reading.
Is it possible for you to retort without being condescending? 43 physically maybe but the way you talk to others makes you sound like you're about 15. If its hard on your gears then its hard on your gears regardless of how its set up. Now you may be able to set it up so that it is more durable but that doesn't mean its not hard on the gears. As an engineer you should know that.

Do you fly Jets? Helis? Drones? Seems to me I have more experience if we are laying out the experience card.
You obviously havent looked through my media gallery because I have helis and drones both but you're right, I dont fly planes. Now you'll have to re-evaluate your statement, but running off at the mouth when you dont know what you're talking about is fun so by all means continue...

I am also an engineer at a fortune 500 company. Who cares what someone's credentials are, I can prove my gearing set up. Credentials doesn't mean u have a clue how to make gears not break so easily as shown over and over here!!!
No one is talking about credentials but you. The only thing I mentioned was experience levels, which the 3 of us have in abundance way above and beyond what you have. Experience is relative to the conversation which was why I mentioned it. The fact you are an engineer doesn't mean a whole lot. I work in an R&D organization and I work with a lot of engineers. Some of them are smart, some of them are educated idiots...

If you want to post a reply Ill be happy to once again point out all the ways you're being an a$$hat but I have things to do so you'll have to wait for tomorrow. I know you will reply too because you're the type that has to have the last word.

Oh, and btw. custodial engineering isnt relevant to this conversation.

Last edited:
Just keep doing the self righting thing. You're the engineer. At least you will know how to fix it. 🤣
I've watched his videos. He's not an engineer. His mechanical understanding of things is pretty dense.

I am glad to have hopped you all up. Let's do a zoom meeting hahaha!!!

Yeah, I should have realized that obvious troll is obvious.
At this point I guess, but I look at y'all the same.

You don't have to come into my thread, but I'm happy to feed u the truth till the end of time.

At this point I guess, but I look at y'all the same.

You don't have to come into my thread, but I'm happy to feed u the truth till the end of time.
You didnt have to come in to our forum either but Ill be happy to keep schooling you Mr. college grad.

You didnt have to come in to our forum either but Ill be happy to keep schooling you Mr college grad.
No I'm right!!!! lololol Can someone please properly roast me!!! I know you can't prove me wrong so thats a pointless debate!!!
I've watched his videos. He's not an engineer. His mechanical understanding of things is pretty dense.
I thought you were blocking me, yet here you are!!! haha!! I was serious about the meeting, all destroy anyone face to face that thinks you can't build a vehicle easily to self-right!!!

Also your channel is garbage my friend, I just looked, welcome to the club!!! omg lolol lmao.... It really show cases your skills doesn't it. Wow you can build a Kyosho kit, SKILLS man!!!

Last edited:
No I'm right!!!! lololol Can someone please properly roast me!!! I know you can't prove me wrong so thats a pointless debate!!!
Says the guy who can't prove hes right...

I thought you were blocking me, yet here you are!!! haha!!
Just because someone has you on ignore doesn't mean they can't see what other people post. Geez, how dense are you?

Ok now go ahead and post you're last words here because I'm not going to sit here and waste any more of my time trying to help the blind see. Good luck getting good help in here after this tantrum. Oh wait, I forgot you know everything already. NVM, carry on acting a fool....

Says the guy who can't prove hes right...

Just because someone has you on ignore doesn't mean they can't see what other people post. Geez, how dense are you?

Ok now go ahead and post you're last words here because I'm not going to sit here and waste any more of my time trying to help the blind see. Good luck getting good help in here after this tantrum. Oh wait, I forgot you know everything already. NVM, carry on acting a fool....
I can't prove I'm right, lolol, again you look dumb as dumb sir. I absolutely can. But you cannot prove me wrong. I have many videos proving it and ALL Arrma EXB's can do it out of the box with 0 issues down the road.

The only thing I admitted to know is how to set something up to self right and not get damaged. Good lord talk about DENSE that's all that any of this was about!!! And still no one has proven the original argument wrong. I did it, plain and simple. Again exb Arrmas can do it out of the box lolol. Literally manufactured that way. You all act like this isnt old news. It's been a thing for a while, old news, I'm not sure why its even questioned to be honest.

Self righting was the worst idea ever thought of in my opinion. For RC land vehicles. wasn't talking abouy boats or helli's. I got the same boat. And the slef righting was the feature that sold me on it.

But thats completely different then vehicles. Its not hard to walk over and flip it back over. Every RC guy has been doing it that way since the beginning. And you will save a lots of $$ and gears that way..

That button is the best way to blow your diffs. There more to it then just push a button. You need the perfect condition for it to actually work. Or you just blow your diffs. Plus you don't need that button to self right.

Guys in the hobby have been doing it for yrs. Foward and reverse is all you need And the rite conditions of dirt.

"Kev" I assume your talking about over rated Talbot. He doesn't show half the sh*t that he messes up. Just like everyone else on line. That edits there videos.

They only show the good never the bad. The bad wouldn't be good for the sponsorships or for the parts manufacturers pocket hahaha.
This right here is what started it all. Up until here I had said nothing about what anyone does being "worst idea" "walking to flip over an RC" "saving dollars in gears" "blowing your diff" "People in the hobby for years"

Sorry I stand by every word I said haha. If you come in after I have said nothing wrong and say what I do is the worst idea, that I can't walk, and imply I havent been doing it for literally 3 decades already then yes screw you and you will get a response.

Was I a bit harsh after this YES. Because up until this point I did nothing wrong. He literally asked me "do you self-right" just so I could say yes as he knew the answer. Then he proceeded to degrade my RC creditability.

SORRY but he was in the wrong from the start and went offensive for no reason. PERIOD, Just read it lmao!!

I have re-read it just to make sure I didnt do something to upset him. I absolutely did not. I will copy and paste this till the end of time. It's the truth. Anyone that came in and got mouthy just got caught in the crossfire, and honestly I'm not sure they properly read up to this point, after this point is irrelevant as the argument was started.

Last edited:
Back