My RC Hobby life Update as of 1\04\2024

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJSRCLIFE

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi everyone, How's it going? if you're wondering things have been going great in my RC life. This is an update post as of 1\04\2024 i hope you all had a great new years and did something fun in RC. I have made plans and goals for this year 2024 first i plan to get my XO-1 back into nicer condition and update it to 2022 XO-1 spec at least with the chassis, wheels, tires and body. I might still run my Hobbywing Max 6 G1\4985 1,650kv combo and my Radiolink RC8X radio system i might swap out the Max 6 G1 combo and put in a Castle MMX8s\1717 1,650KV sensored combo if the Max 6 can't get over 100+mph without cutouts or if it goes up in smoke. Next thing i might put some sort of range booster on my RC8X either a cheap one or go for a TBS Crossfire and figure out how to make that work in a surface car application so i can speedrun with more confidence and not have range issues as much. On the topic of the RC8X i might swap every car i owned over to the Radiolink and finally retire and sell off my Futaba 4PM to fund other RC stuff. I also plan to get some new batteries like some 2s', 3s', 4s' and maybe a couple of 6s' and connectors like some XT90's and Perfect Pass QS8 V2's. For new kits and RTR's this year i might just do an Arrma Felony and whatever else i could afford so let me know what else you think i should for a new RC alongside the Felony. And also do upgrades on some of my other RC projects like finish up my X-Maxx, Put a Max 5 G2 system in my Outcast 8s EXB, Some upgrades for my Slash 4x4 Ultimate and my Ultimate Hoss Project and a new brushless system for my Rlaarlo AK-917. I hope to end this year with the new Felony and completing all the upgrades to all my other cars. Hope you all have a great night and weekend.

Radiolink RC8X radio system i might swap out the Max 6 G1 combo and put in a Castle MMX8s\1717 1,650KV sensored combo if the Max 6 can't get over 100+mph without cutouts or if it goes up in smoke
On the topic of the RC8X i might swap every car i owned over to the Radiolink and finally retire and sell off my Futaba 4PM to fund other RC stuff.
And i might rid of my RC8X and either going to get a 4PM or NB4.

Have you tested your 4PM out? Does it still cutout the same as the RC8X?

If you tested the 4PM and still does the same thing, yes most likely a ESC problem.

With mine, it cuts out and freezes (fail safe does not work) and i either run into someone, a wall, a drivers stand, ect. I tested for hours and hours and could not fix it, while with my 4GS, I have no issues and works perfectly. (I'm not a speed runner so can't say for range, but my issues do it from 10 feet away, to all the way to 100 feet away. On indoor offroad tracks) But I seen speed runners using the 8X in the facebook group and they have range issues aswell, they use boosters now. Like I stated in a couple of my threads, the whole brand is going downhill it seems, as support isn't really helping, sounds like bots, and they don't tell the consumers whats happening behind the scenes (are they fixing the issues with the radio or not? Seems like the customers are the testers instead of the other way around)

See my issues here:

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...te-direction-on-what-i-turn-the-wheel.139584/
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/new-radio-radiolink-rc8x.138874/
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...rc8x-futaba-t4pm-sanwa-m17-flysky-nb4.138512/

Last edited:
And i might rid of my RC8X and either going to get a 4PM or NB4.

Have you tested your 4PM out? Does it still cutout the same as the RC8X?

If you tested the 4PM and still does the same thing, yes most likely a ESC problem.

With mine, it cuts out and freezes (fail safe does not work) and i either run into someone, a wall, a drivers stand, ect. I tested for hours and hours and could not fix it, while with my 4GS, I have no issues and works perfectly. (I'm not a speed runner so can't say for range, but my issues do it from 10 feet away, to all the way to 100 feet away. On indoor offroad tracks) But I seen speed runners using the 8X in the facebook group and they have range issues aswell, they use boosters now. Like I stated in a couple of my threads, the whole brand is going downhill it seems, as support isn't really helping, sounds like bots, and they don't tell the consumers whats happening behind the scenes (are they fixing the issues with the radio or not? Seems like the customers are the testers instead of the other way around)

See my issues here:

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...te-direction-on-what-i-turn-the-wheel.139584/
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/new-radio-radiolink-rc8x.138874/
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...rc8x-futaba-t4pm-sanwa-m17-flysky-nb4.138512/
Last time i used my 4PM it would cut out or lose signal but that was with my AK-917 but my other cars had no issues. With my RC8X i haven't had any cutouts or any issues besides the range strength fading. but i was able to drive a few hundred meters down my street and i still had control of my car but i love it i plan to keep using mine for a long time and will try everything i can to keep mine in use. I also came to the conclusion the signal strength issues i'm having is most likely wifi interference and they in the manual the RC8X is capable of 600m\1900ft but that was tested in an ideal area with no interference and\or obstructions. Al else fails i could buy a TBS crossfire or range booster if i need it and if it all fails i might move to Spektrum since a few vehicles i want to buy in the future have compatible receivers included with them. Sorry to hear about your radio issues the RC8X is an amazing radio in my opinion but it might not be a great option for racing or areas with interference.

How's it going everyone? Today i went to my local RC track which is 405 RC Raceway in OKC with my dad and race my B74.1 and my dad's Yokomo YZ-2 CAL-3 we got a few things for the cars like new tires for both, a new wing for B74.1 and a new battery for my Step Bro's Mini-T 2.0, a new Traxxas catalog for myself.
20240111_154847.jpg

I finally got to test my RC8X with my car and it performed just as well if not better than my Futaba 4PM i did have one glitch once when it launched full throttle off a ramp into the wall luckily nothing broke except a slightly tweaked rear center driveshaft but it's still drivable in it's current state but it's currently missing it's receiver.
What caused the glitch i think was when i wrapped the receiver antenna around the battery lead from the ESC but after relocating the antenna everything was fine after that i did many laps around the track with no issues or loss of signal even though i discovered that my R6FG had some of it's antenna torn off but it still worked without issue. What an awesome day i had and i also considered buying a new car while i was there like a 4-Tec 3.0 Corvette C8 or a Mini-B Pro roller but i didn't want to go broke today.

It does sound like a good day. :thumbs-up:
It sure was even if i wrecked a my R6FG but was going to replace it with an R4FGM or R8FG V2.1 anyways but my car performed great even with the older receiver i can only imagine what she'll do with a V2 Radiolink receiver. Maybe next time i'm there at 405 RC i might pick up a new car, Who knows.

How's going everyone, How's it going? Tomorrow will be my 24th birthday and i'll do an update on what i got for my birthday tomorrow i already got a 12 pair of XT90's the standard kind i wanted the antispark kind but i can always get those later down the road if i need them. I'm hoping to get a new pair of 3s batteries for my XO-1 and my future Arrma Felony and other 3s or 6s vehicles also some Radiolink receivers for my RC8X.

How's going everyone, How's it going? Tomorrow will be my 24th birthday and i'll do an update on what i got for my birthday tomorrow i already got a 12 pair of XT90's the standard kind i wanted the antispark kind but i can always get those later down the road if i need them. I'm hoping to get a new pair of 3s batteries for my XO-1 and my future Arrma Felony and other 3s or 6s vehicles also some Radiolink receivers for my RC8X.
Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!
Thank you very much, I'm hoping to have a great even i can't run RC's in my current weather it snowed last weekend and has been 1 - 7 degrees F where i live but today is supposed to warm up to 25+ F.

Happy Birthday, you gonna finish all that burger?

View attachment 179174
I sure will and tonight i'll be going to Red Lobster for dinner something different this year than i usually do for birthdays. The battery on my phone poofed last Sunday but i have been using my step siblings old phone just to browse around on house wi-fi since it can't connect to a service unfortunately.

Thanks, Me and my dad went out for a M&M Sonic blast it's like a MC'D Mcflurry i also got some extra money i got from a sale months ago finally deposited.
Thanks to all who have dropped by to say happy birthday to me i'm very grateful to be on this wonderful forum full of kind and thoughtful people. Who have shared great useful info and have just came by to say hi and say their thoughts on my build threads or to give their input on questions or other things RC related. I hope to be on this awesome forum for many years to come and meet more friendly faces new and old. Thanks for the many kind birthday wishes and i hope to chat with you all again soon bye for now.

How's it going everyone? I know it's been awhile but i have some new plans for my RC's and some future new cars and trucks i want to get in the future. Here's the update on what i currently have, I just ordered all the V2 conversion and repair parts for my XO-1 which i have now named Serena like the girl from the Pokemon XY - XYZ anime the parts will be coming this week hopefully. I also have been debating on working on X-Maxx but since the X-Maxx Ultimate just came out i'm really considering one of these and maybe selling my current X-Maxx to make room for the Ultimate if they'll still be making them by then.

i personally would NOT recommend the Ultimates. the EXBs cost 500$ less. And 500$ can do a LOT in the way of upgrades. plus, the most you could for your X-MAXX would prob be around 700$.
Plus, Traxxas aluminum parts (according to the dudes on AF) were put on all the wrong spots. Almost making it weaker some said. Not saying its a horrible choice. I'd just say stick to what you've got and give it some upgrades.

i personally would NOT recommend the Ultimates. the EXBs cost 500$ less. And 500$ can do a LOT in the way of upgrades. plus, the most you could for your X-MAXX would prob be around 700$.
Plus, Traxxas aluminum parts (according to the dudes on AF) were put on all the wrong spots. Almost making it weaker some said. Not saying its a horrible choice. I'd just say stick to what you've got and give it some upgrades.
I get where you're coming from but i already have an Outcast 8s EXB V1 Roller i built a couple of months ago but i like the X-Maxx more since it's lighter and it doesn't need as much power to make it fast. And i kind of fell in love with Jason Perrin's new Ultimate X-Maxx and i kind of have a thing for Traxxas ultimate editions i love my Slash 4x4 Ultimate and wish i bought that instead of the VXL i bought before i i even built an Ultimate Hoss.

Back