Your suggestion for a power plant..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvjv2009

The dork that asks all the stupid questions...
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Some issues with the stock 4.6 on my MGT has me in the market for a new engine. I have no clue which engine to go with. The short time I ran the AE engine made me feel it was lacking a lot. So I will probably steer clear of a direct replacement. Your suggestion? Also if you have a good pipe suggestion I have open ears for that as well.

The pipe is the easy part! Robin at ERCM in the vendor's area makes about the best around. For the Engine, LRP or Picco .28 engines would be my recommendation.

As Hamz recommended the ERCM pipes are the best. I would go with the LRP series engines or Picco. If you want a good budget engine I recommend the Ofna Force .32 they run out pretty darn nice for the price. As for the stock .28 in the MGT they put down some pretty decent power just prone to some air leaks. Keep in mind running an after market engine you will need a longer linkage for your throttle.

As Hamz recommended the ERCM pipes are the best. I would go with the LRP series engines or Picco. If you want a good budget engine I recommend the Ofna Force .32 they run out pretty darn nice for the price. As for the stock .28 in the MGT they put down some pretty decent power just prone to some air leaks. Keep in mind running an after market engine you will need a longer linkage for your throttle.
So with the lrp engines, any one a favorite over the others, .28, .30,..32 or is it pick one ya can't go wrong deal. Also, what is the longgevity of the ofna .32 like?

From my experience the Lrp series of engines are pretty close in power. I like my Lrp.30 the best. I have the .32 on an MGT 8.0 trans setup runs out pretty darn good. The ofna .32 is a good engine for the price I am sure its quality is close to any other brans such as Lrp. If you don't mind spending out the cash you could also check out the Picco .28 boost engines. The Picco's are very good quality about same in power as the Lrp.

I have no complaints with the LRP .28s. I've not used their .30 however. If you go with a rebranded LRP .28 like the Losi 454 or any of its clones you can get them at pretty good prices, especially if you can find one parted out from eBay. I prefer Piccos over LRPs though they are a bit more expensive. I'm also on the ERCM train for pipes.

I don't know much about Monster truck style engine brands...but I have heard good things about LRP

There is an axial .32 on e bay new on an auction. I was gonna try to bid on it but was wanting to see if anyone would recommend it before I bid. Not sure why I'm shopping now, I know I'm gonna win the LRP give a way!!! lol

Avoid the Axial nitro motors like the plague! They're not up to snuff for the most part.

There is an axial .32 on e bay new on an auction. I was gonna try to bid on it but was wanting to see if anyone would recommend it before I bid. Not sure why I'm shopping now, I know I'm gonna win the LRP give a way!!! lol
Actually never heard of axial.....and I'M going to win the competition I'll have you know :p

Nope, the winner will be Rolex. He needs a new engine to wax and polish....

It might as well have my address on the box fellas..

It might as well have my address on the box fellas..
Yeah- well they must of made a spelling mistake because I can see from here it is addressed to me...

Nope, the winner will be Rolex. He needs a new engine to wax and polish....
He's polished enough engines already...it's mine!

Rolex has this one in the bag...you can sure bet that hes pre-order the wax for it :p

He ordered 12 just for the AWESOME new motor.