you guys were right

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroboi

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
iv purchased a brand new .28 6 Port Mach Motor and sold that .46 nitro motor which caused me a lot of stress trying to put in when we all new it wasent going to fit but u got to learn from your mistackes. so what do u think of my new motor how will she handle :bow::bow:

Much better choice. You'll love it.

The "mach" engines I've been around have never had a very long piston/sleeve life. I've had one .15 and a .26. My buddies have the 427 grey and orange. All 4 got really finicky around the 4-5 gallon mark. Also, they seemed to like to run a bit warm (avg 250F). Any richer and they would load up a lot and die at idle. Any more lean and they would flame out.

Once tuned, they were all good running/easy to tune engines. Even properly taken care of, the piston/sleeve life was much shorter than most of the engines I've owned.

I have a Mach .28 in a Hyper 7, and when tuned properly, (easy to do) it goes very hard, and through sheer stupidity, one day in my sandpit I had the aircleaner come off and so bought another .28 to replace it, but to this day, 2 months later, am still running the original.
I'm not saying they're bulletproof, clearly by some miracle nothing got in, but I can't help but think that SOME damage should have been seen.......

I have an OS 21 RG like that... ran it for about 4 125cc tanks before I realized the air filter (older motor saver) had lost it's cap and the filter fell out. I had basically mud inside the engine from the light fluffy dust I was bashing in and the fuel... 3 years ago. I cleaned it up and kept it as a backup engine... still runs to this day.

Sometimes you just get lucky.

Back