wow you got to check this out!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so, i left work early today cause my ears were hurting from this cold I've had.:\ I stopped by the cvs on the way home to get some ear drops (for the pain) and some deodorant (cause i don't like being stinky:D). I kept hearing something calling my name while i was in the store and started looking around. I finally found what it was that was beckoning to me. This little gem!! on sale for $19.99 and it was the last one!!

its got a nimh rechargeable battery, and is a little bigger then my rotofly. Since I'm waiting on helimax to send me the stuff for the rotofly i figured i would play around with this one, and for the price i couldn't pass it up!

on to the pics!

IMG_7178.jpg

IMG_7179.jpg

IMG_7180.jpg

IMG_7181.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg

take that battery out and put a lil lipo in it for longer run times

well that didnt last long... its now nesting in the tree out front. the tail rotor wasn't set right and once it got up there it went crazy and started spinning. then landed in a tree. we been out there for over an hour tossing a football up there to knock it loose.

oh well, guess you get what you pay for. it was looking promising! had alot of lift and plenty of power.

send a neighborhood kid up there.

its a pine tree and the lowest limb is pretty high up there. we are gonna try tomorrow while its day light... this sucks.

That looks sweet. Hope ya get it down in one piece.

well i got good news and bad news. the good news is its down, took a bit but its done. the bad, i'm missing the pinion on the tail rotor, which explains a good deal on the tail rotor itself. that pinion is brass and pressed on. i'm assuming a factory defect made it to loose and was spinning on the shaft causing it to not spin fast enough and not counter act the main rotor.

the other good news is one of the kids in the hood had the same chopper with a broke frame at his house and went to get it so i could swipe parts. I couldn't take it for free so i gave him 5$ for it. now i have a spare battery, rotors, and the parts to fix mine!!

its charging now and i will test it again in the AM, can't wait!!

Man that was super lucky, the chances of having a kid in the neighborhood with the exact same chopper were stacked against you lol.

well i finally was able to fly the thing without getting it hung in a tree and i think I'm hooked! its not the most precise bird in the world but for $20 i think it was worth it! plus i got the stuff to get my rotofly going today so i will be ready to graduate soon!

"pilot beason" i like it!

That's a pretty nice little rig for $20. I've almost bought venoms little helicopter to play with in the house... Think I need higher ceilings though.

Think I need higher ceilings though.
I was flying the Blade in the kitchen. It's about 12x12, 8' high.
Ceiling wasn't a problem. Was the fridge, range, walls. Man that is a tough little bugger. :D

Glad you got it back together Beason. Good luck with it.
Not to derail the thread, but how do you like the rotofly? I almost bought one before I got the Blade.

I was flying the Blade in the kitchen. It's about 12x12, 8' high.
Ceiling wasn't a problem. Was the fridge, range, walls. Man that is a tough little bugger. :D

Glad you got it back together Beason. Good luck with it.
Not to derail the thread, but how do you like the rotofly? I almost bought one before I got the Blade.

WOW its digger! We thought you died.... oh no that was mr clean haha. Good to see you around again. Unless I just missed alot of your posts....

I had one of the eflight fairy things, untill it met Mr. Ceiling Fan.

WOW its digger! We thought you died.... oh no that was mr clean haha. Good to see you around again. Unless I just missed alot of your posts....
Stil here bro.
Thanks for the welcome back.

lol tree not good! actualy i had one o those a while ago same exact thing except body and stickers are diff. any way their pretty run to mess around with (until u crash)! id sugest popin a lipo in there to make it run faster and longer. by the way wat happend to mine... it ran into a fence and the tail boom snapped! hav a good one

Back