Wow!! Discovery Channel going south!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave up cable many, many years ago.
Personally, I can not stand the commercials. They physically give me a headache.
If I can not fast forward through anything with a commercial these days, I go to something else.

Not surprised that a bunch of dudes (hell yeah) on a forum (like in the olden days) about RC cars (which are real, actual things in the real world) are generally pretty bearish on TV.

I’d rather do literally anything else. Mrs. Lambdapriest has a few things she likes to watch on Netflix and Hulu, and I watch Bob’s Burgers because it gives us a chance to cuddle on the couch in the evenings (and because in general, it shows the family patriarch as a pretty decent person, instead of as an incompetent moron / the butt of every joke)… but when she’s not around, the thing is off.

I don’t want to watch other people do stuff. I want to do stuff, on my own, even if it’s not quite as remarkable or glorious.
Occasionally, I’ll watch some stuff on YT if I’m trying to learn something - Ryan Stiles-Harris’s how-to content (but not his vlogs, they’re just not for me, Ryan if you’re Googling yourself, keep doing your thing buddy, I’m not a hater) are really well-done… but I tend not to watch stuff for passive entertainment.

Anybody else read? We should start a book club. 😂

Anybody else read? We should start a book club. 😂
The only book club I am in is the one i am assigned to in school. 😂 Reminds me that I gotta get to page 240 by Wednesday.
Not a reader. Since I'm getting into some anime shows, might get some book versions, or the manga versions and compare the 2.

I watch stuff on YouTube all the time. Mostly RC stuff and 1:1 car / automotive stuff. Sometimes I even rewatch my own videos again. Don't know why but I do. For my 1:1 auto stuff. I mostly watch 1320 Video, and Westen Champlin. And a whole lot others. I just got too many subscriptions, that I can't keep up. Lol.
I also watch Ryan, when he comes out with new videos. Mark Santa Maria is a big one. I do watch JConcepts, LiveRC, and MOD media if they are live with a race, I put that on in the background. Because its cool. I do watch alot of car crash videos. To see how dumb people are. I mostly watch Mega Driving School and Idiots in Cars which multiple people post about that. Yea, I watch alot of stuff.

I really don't watch any TV shows. I might watch NCIS, or Magnum PI when its on. Because my parents watch that stuff. My dad watches Paranormal Caught on Camera, and Big Foot shows on Travel channel, ancient aliens and others on History. I'm into paranormal / ghost stuff, but not aliens / bigfoot.

I am big into 80s shows like Knight Rider A Team Airwolf the OG Magnum PI. Makes me wanna watch Knight Rider 08 again. Sad that they only had that for 1 season. I have the DVD series of season 1.

Movies? Uhh Top Gun. 1 and 2, Fast and Furious franchise, Need For Speed, Ford vs Ferrari, Grand Turismo, and a lot of others.

Last edited:
The wife and I usually watch two shows a night, about 1.5 hours total. We are often watching shows from the UK or Australia.

The only reality show we've ever watched has been Clarkson's Farm... only because we appreciate Jeremy Clarkson's self-depricateing sense of humor, and it has been interesting seeing the level of intrusion the British government has into farming in the UK.

The wife and I usually watch two shows a night, about 1.5 hours total. We are often watching shows from the UK or Australia.

The only reality show we've ever watched has been Clarkson's Farm... only because we appreciate Jeremy Clarkson's self-depricateing sense of humor, and it has been interesting seeing the level of intrusion the British government has into farming in the UK.
Clarksons farm is great! For all the reasons you mentioned and it’s one of the few things that can be on while my parents are around without sending my mother into a political spiral and instigating a family feud. Top gear used to be that before Jeremy decided to punch the producer or whoever it was. 🤦‍♂️ 😂

Ancient Aliens we say?

PXL_20231016_230513782.jpg