Wow!! Discovery Channel going south!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
The garbage on it anymore.
Guess time cancel all my tv. Just the ignorance and stupidity anymore. News ain’t enough ignorance and stupidity. Ehhh my rant

Last edited:
The only reason we have cable (basic) is because the bundle was the cheapest way to get my internet connection. I really don't watch it, but Mrs. Doom loves her Hallmark Channel. 🤪

I really don't watch it, but Mrs. Doom loves her Hallmark Channel. 🤪
Same here. Mom and grandma do be watching them Christmas in July marathons. 😂

I really don't watch cable that much. Maybe if there is a movie on. But Mom keeps if for grandma, and their shows. Me and dad mostly watch Travel channel and history channel. And I watch motortrend. Other than that its streaming services. Or youtube / instagram and all. Not to mention, i think our xfinity cable and internet are tied together.

We cut the cable about 12 years ago now and haven't regretted it one bit.

I miss the days when Discovery and History channel both aired good educational content, for many years now it's been nothing but "reality ty" type trash.

I used to love Discovery Channel, but like Woody I hate the scripted reality crap that's now a standard. However, I used to enjoy Deadliest Catch, American Chopper and Shark Week.

Mrs. X also watches the Hallmark Channel regularly.

I can't cut the cord I'm too hooked. We tried to get satellite tv, but too many trees. We mainly watch Wheel, Jeopardy, news, and streaming. We do enjoy science, wild life, and the arts . Music and plays on NPR. Nova. On a brighter note. I did out grow Big Bird. 🤣 I really am into Hi Fi movies. Star Trek, Aliens, Jeremiah Johnson. Just my hobby is all.

Last edited:
I cut the cord ten plus years ago. Don’t miss any of it except the weather channel haha. My sister is an executive at Comcast/Xfinity she gets the whole package for free. Only ever uses the Apple tv. Everything on regular television is garbage.

The only mainstream media I typically watch is Formula 1. Otherwise if I have time to sit and watch TV it’s usually YouTube or motortrend. I like Cletus, Hoonigan, Larry Chen, Matt’s off road and that Diesel guy with the helicopters. Lately since I’ve gotten back into RC I really like putting on a livestream of the bigger races in the background while I’m doing other stuff. I had the Australian 1/8 GT championship on yesterday while I was cleaning up my buggy and neatening up the pit box for tonight’s race.

When I was young (like Nickelodeon days) I can remember my Great Uncle always saying he thought TV/Movies were “An insult to his intelligence.” I always thought he was just nuts. As I get older I totally understand where he was coming from.

About a year ago, friends introduced me to T-Mobile internet. Seeing how well it works, I finally got rid of Comcast! For decades, they were the only cable TV option. With cable, internet, and an included land line I was paying about $220/mo.....for basic, standard definition channels.
T-Mobile internet is $55, and gets a strong signal at my house. I get Hulu with live local stations and unlimited users for about $70. So, now, I get tons of movies in high definition, and my internet speed seems to run just as fast as when I had Comcast, even with the entire family using the wifi at the same time.
I save about $50/mo and getting a much, much better product!

My neighborhood is all fiber, internet service is $68 per month, streaming services have most everything covered. I can't bring myself to watch any US "news" channels. Some of those from Australia are much more reliable.

I've stopped watching television news since COVID. Before then, I watched it "with a grain of salt".

I've stopped watching television news since COVID. Before then, I watched it "with a grain of salt".
Sometimes I scan the headlines for a good laugh. Then I think of how someone who doesn't research it is gonna believe it. 😶

Sometimes I scan the headlines for a good laugh. Then I think of how someone who doesn't research it is gonna believe it. 😶
Unfortunately, there are way too many people who take any news report as gospel.