Winter woahs and hobby ruts.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have open carry here. I get why some people do but I never would. I don't want people knowing what I got.
I don't know why anyone would want to make themselves an obvious target. If someone becomes unhinged, they are obviously going to shoot the guys who they can see are packing first.

We have OC here too, but I CC.
For my other gun guy folks - you may already have your business covered but if you are not fully covered on your firearms insurance, this is a good deal here folks https://gunandtrophy.com/ and no I am not in any way affiliated with this company other than I just renewed my plan, so it was on my mind while reading through this thead.

Since we're on the subject....
..... bought this today😀
0226221427.jpg

Beretta APX 9mm

Background check cleared. Picking it up tomorrow!

I spend most of my time in a company vehicle, so unfortunately I don't carry often.

I don't hide my guns, pretending nobody knows about them lol. This $500 KEL-TEC SUB2000 folding 9mm holds 30 round Glock mags,fits in a small backpack,made in the US and is legal in everyway. Muzzle velocity of a .357 round and accurate as hell. Roughly 17x7 inches folded 😲.
I saw it hanging on the wall looking lonely at the gun shop so...
FB_IMG_1540310024174.jpg
FB_IMG_1540310031440.jpg

I don't know why anyone would want to make themselves an obvious target. If someone becomes unhinged, they are obviously going to shoot the guys who they can see are packing first.
Good luck with that. On the few very occasions I open carry, my situational awareness goes off the charts.
That being said, it's a hoot for someone my age to be in the bank with a mask & a concealed .45 while I conduct my business & somehow nobody thinks anything about it. Not that I would ever do such a thing, obviously.

Last edited:
I don't hide my guns, pretending nobody knows about them lol. This $500 KEL-TEC SUB2000 folding 9mm holds 30 round Glock mags,fits in a small backpack,made in the US and is legal in everyway. Muzzle velocity of a .357 round and accurate as hell. Roughly 17x7 inches folded 😲.
I saw it hanging on the wall looking lonely at the gun shop so... View attachment 143428View attachment 143429

Good luck with that. On the few very occasions I open carry, my situational awareness goes off the charts.
That being said, it's a hoot for someone my age to be in the bank with a mask & a concealed .45 while I conduct my business & somehow nobody thinks anything about it. Not that I would ever do such a thing, obviously.
🤣 Definitely different times we are living in. But if you water your lawn on a non watering day they are all over you!

🤣 Definitely different times we are living in. But if you water your lawn on a non watering day they are all over you!
I wouldn't be able to stay out of prison if I lived in such a place.

I can't water my lawn 😆???
shitting me.jpg

Drought state, water Nazis.
Maybe they need to dam or reroute another river? I watched a documentary a few weeks ago about that. It is amazing how much interference with the natural flow of the rivers has gone on in this country, particularly California, just for the sake of development and power generation.

Last edited:
Maybe they need to dam or reroute another river? I watched a documentary a few weeks ago about that. It is amazing how much interference with the natural flow of the rivers has gone on in this country, particularly California, just for the sake of development and power generation.

It's pretty wild and unfortunate. They'll destroy entire ecosystems but don't you dare put an aftermarket exhaust on your car lol. Cali does have some nice perks but I doubt I'd ever move back.

I sometimes flow in and out of certain hobbies, but one that remained is RC.

Did years of racing in the stock TT01 classes in my town. Then that closed down. Left the hobby and went into computer gaming. (I work in IT). Then in 2015 I started building and flying drones. Not very well I might add. Costs from crashing became to high and ditched it and bought a 4x4 offroad RC truck in 2019.

I always liked RC cars. I had a lot of fun with them and want to get as much cars to play with.
Just bought a second hand nitro. Always wanted one but people put me off around the maintenance side, but I feel I'm up for it. :)
Looking forward to see if I can grow the hobby in our town. It's dead here. No LHS. There was one but it closed down I guess to the little interest in the hobby. Its sad because RC cars are so fun!

Did years of racing in the stock TT01 classes in my town. Then that closed down. Left the hobby and went into computer gaming. (I work in IT). Then in 2015 I started building and flying drones. Not very well I might add. Costs from crashing became to high and ditched it and bought a 4x4 offroad RC truck in 2019.

I always liked RC cars. I had a lot of fun with them and want to get as much cars to play with.
Just bought a second hand nitro. Always wanted one but people put me off around the maintenance side, but I feel I'm up for it. :)
Looking forward to see if I can grow the hobby in our town. It's dead here. No LHS. There was one but it closed down I guess to the little interest in the hobby. Its sad because RC cars are so fun!
The big named online shops, along with Amazon and ebay have been slowly killing small brick and mortar shops. It's pretty sad. Our local shop was owned by a guy named Joe, who was just a nut about all things hobby related. He was a great guy. When he died, his son Buck took over. Buck was less friendly, less enthusiastic, and just seemed like a lazier version of his dad. It didn't last long after that. The lot is now Buck's gas station. This site used to have a killer indoor track, and wicked outdoor track, and a hobby shop jammed from wall to wall, floor to ceiling with planes, trains, and automobiles in all scales, along with rocketry and other hobby stuff.
Screenshot_20220408-073811_Maps.jpg

I wish I had discovered RC cars years ago but I've been building 1/24 scale models for 50+ years. I'm not ready to let go completely but I have traded off a bunch of new and unbuilt kits for RC stuff. I didn't need them, I build mostly out of my junkyard.
IMG_20181111_123043.jpg
IMG_20181111_123607.jpg
20191217_145732~6.jpg
IMG_20181112_195206.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181111_123043.jpg
    IMG_20181111_123043.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back