Wife's already spending spending it!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well the wife is already spending what would have been my RC fund! ... but at least she bought something cool with it, and she is taking me! Going to see Matallica in January!! Woo Hoo!!

Man I hate you now. You screw up big, and she takes you to Metallica. :p:

But seriously, way cool man. I'd love to see them. I still can't believe Lars still has that thick Danish accent. It makes me cringe whenever I hear him talk.

I was about to tell you to keep the pimphand strong, but alas the end result is a desired one.

Oh... don't get me wrong... she is still really pissed... but she has been wanting to see Matallica for some time. The tickets just happened to go on sale today... so really it is just dumb luck on my part, and believe me my ass is still in the dog house big time! The concert is not until sometime in January 09.

Man you should have blamed it on the software or the hard drive or something (I forgot what the original problem was that started all of this lol) instead of telling her that you really screwed it up. It's works for me most of the time. I just start talking about how I should take them to coury and stuff like that. And if it's possible, I say something like "Well, I didn't want to argue with you at the time, baby, but if we would have bought that 1TB solid state drive instead of trying to save money none of this would have ever happened.

Honesty is a vitrue Charlie, especially with someone you love. I think you deserve credit for owning up straight godale03. It's hard but at the end of the day you'll never lie awake at night thinking you should have owned up...

Great that it worked out that you end up going to see Metallica. It's not my scene, but live gigs by a band you love are just a complete blast.

dude hell ya man, i envy you going to that concert. i still kick myself for missing them when they came to Boise and Godsmack was opening for them.

Honesty is a vitrue Charlie, especially with someone you love. I think you deserve credit for owning up straight godale03. It's hard but at the end of the day you'll never lie awake at night thinking you should have owned up...

Great that it worked out that you end up going to see Metallica. It's not my scene, but live gigs by a band you love are just a complete blast.

You must not be married... lol. You will lay awake thinking is she going to beat me in my sleep instead.

You must not be married... lol. You will lay awake thinking is she going to beat me in my sleep instead.

Or his wife doesn't know where the baseball bat is... I keep mine out of her reach or I'd probably have a pretty good concussion once or twice a month!

Finding a woman that will tolerate metallica is good.
Finding a woman who enjoys metallica, better.

Finding a woman who just dealt with your sorry ass for wiping a hard drive full of only copy of the family photo's and your life's data then spending $2G's and still buys metallica tickets of which one is for you!?!?!?

PRICELESS!!!

Dude... does she have a sister? (don't tell my wife!)

^ now that shits funny right there.

There was a guy that worked with my Dad that had a bit of a drinking problem. When he would come home drunker than Sh*t and act an ass, his wife would wait until he passed out in bed and tie the sheets around him and beat him with a broom.

There was a guy that worked with my Dad that had a bit of a drinking problem. When he would come home drunker than Sh*t and act an ass, his wife would wait until he passed out in bed and tie the sheets around him and beat him with a broom.

lol, that would be funny to see.

No, how did you guess :p I'll be lucky if I survive that long I think.

I should have thought about the beating you to death in your sleep bit thuough, then again I technically never *didn't* say that :p

For you maybe. It'd be like beating my ears wit ha tea strainer but each to his own I guess...

Metallica is good it just pissed me off when they whined about napster till they got shut down.

Or his wife doesn't know where the baseball bat is... I keep mine out of her reach or I'd probably have a pretty good concussion once or twice a month!

Finding a woman who just dealt with your sorry ass for wiping a hard drive full of only copy of the family photo's and your life's data then spending $2G's and still buys metallica tickets of which one is for you!?!?!?

PRICELESS!!!

Dude... does she have a sister? (don't tell my wife!)

That's hillarious man! I will have to remember that one!

Well she still isn't really talking to me. I think I am more upset about having to spend $2,000 than she is though. One thing about my wife... she doesn't mind spending money.... especially if it is something that we need. Now don't get me wrong, I am pissed I wiped the drive, but the anger for both of us is in different areas. She is more pissed I killed the data, I am more pissed it is costing me $2 grand!

I had to come clean with her. I probably could have gotten away with telling her there was a hardware problem during the build, but ultimately I have to lay next to her every night.... when I am alowed back in the bedroom! I just couldn't do it, I thought about it, but I just figured it would be like a band aid... just kinda rip it off fast it will only hurt for a second. At least she will never say I wasn't honest about it. Besides my dignity... honesty is all I've got. I don't know... maybe I am weird that way! LOL All an all it seems to be working out, and I handled the situation completely so she didn't have to worry about it. I guess if anything else, I will sleep better.

Last edited:
I had to come clean with her. I probably could have gotten away with telling her there was a hardware problem during the build, but ultimately I have to lay next to her every night.... when I am allowed back in the bedroom! I just couldn't do it, I thought about it, but I just figured it would be like a band aid... just kinda rip it off fast it will only hurt for a second. At least she will never say I wasn't honest about it. Besides my dignity... honesty is all I've got. I don't know... maybe I am weird that way! LOL All an all it seems to be working out, and I handled the situation completely so she didn't have to worry about it. I guess if anything else, I will sleep better.

Amen. See I'm not as dumb as I look. I figure I'd rather get beaten to death and die honest than live as a lying fool :)

Amen. See I'm not as dumb as I look. I figure I'd rather get beaten to death and die honest than live as a lying fool :)

The consequences of telling the truth may be harsh... but the truth will set you free. I just took it like a man. LOL

The consequences of telling the truth may be harsh... but the truth will set you free. I just took it like a man. LOL

Yeah, besides, if your anything like me (no memory), you'll forget at a real inopportune time that you didn't tell the truth and let it slip!

Something like when she catches you making out with a roadie at the Mettalica concert because your wasted out of your gourd, it's dark and thought it was your wife...

"Yeah, remember that time when I formatted the wrong drive? That was nothing compared to this!"

salt in a wound my friend... salt in a wound.

Yeah, besides, if your anything like me (no memory), you'll forget at a real inopportune time that you didn't tell the truth and let it slip!

Something like when she catches you making out with a roadie at the Mettalica concert because your wasted out of your gourd, it's dark and thought it was your wife...

"Yeah, remember that time when I formatted the wrong drive? That was nothing compared to this!"

salt in a wound my friend... salt in a wound.

That is the other thing... I too have a poor memory, not unlike my wife who can't remember what she had for breakfast, but she can pull up dirt on me, and recall verbatum things that I have said, and promptly bring them up, and hold them against me at a moments notice. My wife throws stuff at me that I did in the second grade man! Anywho... my point was that I too would slip and the truth would come out and she would be like "What!"... and I would be like "What?" LOL